20 - school trip

(guys, I made a mistake. Michael's ex isn't called Clara, she's called Cara. Sorry. I've gone through the book and changed any Clara's to Cara. I'm very sorry about that, I've been kind of out of it for the past few weeks.)

I ran into my English lesson late. Why was I always late for lessons recently?

"Sit down, Octavia, latecomers are not tolerated in my lessons." The teacher barked at me.

Every single person in the year was there, which made me realise it must be something to do with this year's foreign school trip.

I bit my lip and took my seat next to Cassidy. She was currently engrossed in a very important telepathic conversation with Michael at the moment, and I snapped my fingers in front of her face to make her pay attention to me, and also the teacher. She giggled before turning her attention to the front of the classroom.

"Well, as you all know the English department is funding your yearly foreign trip this year, and so we have had to arrange your groups. We have tried to arrange them according to the people you wrote on those slips of paper that you had to fill in with whoever you wanted to share a hotel room with. But obviously not everyone will get the exact people they wanted to go with." The woman at the front let her piercing eyes slide across the students in front of her.

Cassy took my hand and squeezed it as we watched the teacher rifle through the sheets of paper in front of it until she found the one she was looking at.

"Here it is. So, the first group..." and she read a load of names that meant nothing to me. Cassy was looking at me with sad eyes. We hadn't heard Michael, Calum, Luke or Ashton's names yet, and as the possible people they could have been grouped with decreased in size I came to realise that this trip might be an absolute nightmare for me.

"Cassidy Jenkins, Sophia Willow, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood." Cassy let out a small breath of relief. She was with Michael, lucky. I would have liked to be with Calum, because I really wanted to make up with him. I missed my best friend.

Then I heard my name and began to hyperventilate. No. No no no no no.

"Octavia Taylor, Cara Hill, Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin." The dreaded group names slipped through my English teacher's lips and I suddenly felt dizzy.

I was going to be spending most of the trip with Luke, Cara and Ashton. God no.

I met gazes with Ashton, who smirked at me. I immediately broke the eye contact and my eyes fell on Luke, who had Cara clinging to his side like a limpet.

I was going to have to deal with that for a whole week.

_______________

Guys, I'm so sorry it's so short. I just... um I'm not exactly enjoying writing this so much. I'll try and do longer updates for you guys. I'll probably enjoy writing the school trip, so I might just skip to the school trip for the next chapter.

So yeah, I hope you guys don't think this chapter is too terrible.