69 - i know what you told me

i know that it's all over

// i don't want to scare you guys, but we have like four chapters left xx //

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sat up and looked at the caller ID. My heart clenched.

Mr Swag

I declined the call and changed his ID to Ashton. After the day I had yesterday I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, whatever he wanted to say. He didn't call again.

I decided not to go in to school today, as nothing was going on except more planning for our British version of prom. I fell backwards so that I was again lying under the covers in my bed, allowing a large sigh to escape from my mouth.

It seems as if I'd fallen asleep because I woke up yet again to the sound of my phone ringing. I was ready to decline the call but then I saw that it wasn't Ashton. It was Jason.

I sat up and ran a hand through my hair before answering, putting the phone to my ear. "Hi Jason," I muttered, trying to make my voice sound as if I'd been awake for hours.

"Hi Octavia. I'm sorry if I woke you up," well, I guess I was unsuccessful, "I was just wondering if you knew where Calum was? He was supposed to be working on the prom with me but I can't find him anywhere," Jason sounded stressed.

My heartbeat sped up. "No fucking way," I muttered, jumping out of bed and running to my window. But when I drew the curtains, there was no sign of the hunched over figure sitting on my steps. I let out a breath of relief, "sorry Jason. I didn't mean-"

"It's okay. Want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Not really, but thanks," I replied, a smile beginning to form on my face.

"Do you think you could drop him a text, just to let him know I'm looking for him?" Jason asked. I could practically see the puppy dog eyes.

"You know what, I'll do you one better."

"How? Are you going to whip out your magic wand and expelliarmus him over here?" he was laughing at me, I could tell.

"Expelliarmus is a disarming spell, Jason," I said with a laugh of my own.

Ha, joke's on you, Jason.

"Anyway, no. I was thinking of maybe just coming to help you myself, since Calum obviously isn't going to apparate over there," I grinned, but received only silence in return, "come on, Jason, you've got to know what apparition is. I thought you were a nerd or something."

He groaned. "Octavia, not all nerds have to know every single spell known to Harry Potter."

"Technically, apparating isn't a sp-"

"Well, if you're going to come help me then hurry up about it," Jason cut me off, and I just laughed.

"Fine, I'll be there soon," I replied and hung up, before flopping back into bed with a moan. Why did I decide to go over there? Now I had to get out of bed...

After five minutes, I rolled out of bed and got ready to leave. Once I was done I looked in the mirror and groaned. I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards. I ran my brush through my hair again and gave up, grabbing my bag and leaving the house to go meet Jason at school.

Once I got there, I texted Jason and he told me to meet him in our common room.

"Hey, Jason," I greeted him as I walked through the door. He smiled and grabbed his bag, before leading me out of the common room and into an empty classroom.