03 - math giggles

NOT SPELL-CHECKED OR ANYTHING I LITERALLY HAVE PUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER JUST AS I FINISHED WRITING IT

The next day I hurriedly strolled into the maths classroom with a big smile on my face. I loved Maths. Actually no, I only loved Maths because I got to sit next to Luke Hemmings.

The teacher had decided to make us move around, but we could still choose where we could go, just with a different person than before. Obviously, I had made a beeline for one of the seats next to Luke, and the other seat was taken by Michael, even though that was a person Luke was sitting next to before, but the teacher didn't seem to mind.

I took my seat a second before the bell rang. Luke and Michael were already there, finishing off their homework. Luke was determined to finish the homework because-

"Good morning class." She walked in. Liz Hemmings. She insisted we call her Liz, and I was guessing this was so she didn't embarrass her son, although that was kind of pointless since it was inevitable. No mother in unable to embarrass their child.

"So first I'm going to collect the homework." She said. Luke and Michael sped up with their writing. Luckily we were at the back of the classroom, so ours would be the last ones for her to collect in.

Just as she got to me, they put down their pens and sighed in relief. I hid a smile at that as I gave my homework to Liz. She smiled and then moved onto her son, who she gave a stern look to as she took the homework.

As she walked back to the front, Michael whispered, "Liz sees all." I couldn't contain my laugh, and they looked at me as if saying 'you can't laugh with us'. I instantly stopped and Luke smiled, while Michael was studying me with a suspicious look.

"Hey, Tavie." Luke said. I gulped. He was speaking to me.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Thanks for telling us the homework yesterday, it saved us from Liz's wrath." Michael joked. I quietened my giggle, making sure the god-like Liz wouldn't hear me.

However, she spun around from where she was writing on the board, and narrowed her eyes at the three of us. We sent her synchronised innocent grins, and she scoffed, turning back around.

"She is God." I whispered, and we choked back laughs.

Luke was blushing, even his ears were red. I held back my gush at his adorableness. His eyes flicked to me, and I quickly smiled. He grinned, taking his lip ring between his teeth, and I think I must have melted. I pretty much turned into a puddle on my chair. All that adorableness had been turned into hotness by that damn lip ring.

"My mum, is one crazy woman." He whispered, leaning closer to me so I could hear. I pulled my eyes off him to look at his mum, who was telling us about quadratics or something. I didn't even care. All I could think about was the super hot blonde right next to me, who was finally talking to me.

"She's awesome." I whispered back. I saw out of the corner of my eye, a smug smile playing at the corner of his mouth.

He chuckled quietly. "We should probably pay attention, I mean, our A-Levels are in trouble, and if I fail she'll kill me." He said, sitting back up straight, and fixing his eyes on the teacher. I nodded, slowing my breathing down and picking up my pen.

I saw Michael staring at me, and I smiled at him. He smiled softly back and turned an un-characteristic glare on Luke.

*

As I walked down the hallway I spotted Calum and ran up to him and he turned around from his conversation with his friends just as I jumped on him. His eyes widened in surprise as he caught me, spinning me around and a smile grew on his face.

He put me down and I rushed out my news to him. "Luke spoke to me!"

He laughed and nodded. "Congrats, stalker. But you might want to quieten down, he might hear you." He pointed out a blonde boy who was walking past us. I followed his point and saw Luke, and I blushed just as much as he had in maths. He must have felt my gaze as he turned his head and he smiled at me. "Ooh, it looks like you're getting past the stalking stage." Cal teased, nudging me. I pushed him and laughed when he wasn't ready for it, and he fell into someone.

When I saw who that someone was, my laughter instantly stopped. "Hi Ashton." I said, a blank expression on my face.

"Heya Tavie." He smiled. I rolled my eyes at the falseness. "So I talked to the band yesterday about you."

My mouth dropped open. "What? Why would you speak to them about me?" I asked. I mean, who even were the band? I know Calum is one, but who were the other two? Who was even the lead?

"Because I wanted to ask them about you. I know Cal is your best mate, but apparently the other two kind of-" Ashton was saying, but Calum kicked him in the leg, making him stop.

"Damn it, I was so close." I complained, glaring at Calum. "I will find out eventually."

"I'd like to keep it to eventually." He replied, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey! Calum Hood! Get your filthy arm off my sister!" Aaron shouted from across the hall. Everyone heard. I groaned and my complete face turned red in a blush. I ducked out from under Cal's arm and pressed myself against a locker, hiding my face.

Ashton chuckled and grabbed my wrist, pulling me around to face him. "So continuing from what I was saying earlier until you interrupted me, I was talking to Calum and the others about you. Calum said you would never date me, why not?"

"Because you're a lying d1čk." I replied bluntly.

"Well, thanks. Do you even know me?" He asked, thanking me sarcastically.

I shrugged. "I think I've heard enough about you." I answered. The long stream of hearts he had left behind stretched down the length of three football pitches.

"But you haven't found out about me from me." He said. He pushed me against the locker. The hall was emptying now, but Cal still stood there, looking surprised and a bit hurt.

"I don't really want to, Ashton." I said. I was rooted to the spot, completely stiff. I had no clue what to do. I'd never been in this situation, and I never thought I'd be in this situation with Ashton Irwin.

"Ash, leave her alone." A voice said from behind him. I looked over his shoulder and saw the familiar blonde quiff. My breath hitched.

Ashton sighed, surveying the situation him and I were in. He glanced at my face one last time before stepping back from me, freeing me. I immediately moved away from the lockers, and Calum took me possessively in his arms.

I pushed away. I am an independent woman who doesn't need to hide behind a guy. "Okay, so... Art next?" I said, walking away from the strange memory of what just happened.

Hey guys! What's up?

So it's been kind of a while since I last updated, I think... and so yeah here is an update, even though it's terrible :) guys I have no clue what that last bit was with Ash just don't even ask ok I just wrote it... I have no clue why it happened but it did.

Anyway, please vote and comment or whatever, it's so awesome to get feedback from you.

- Ellie xx