26 - you care?

*mikey's pov*

When a Cassy went off with Tavie, I had time to go and talk to Luke about Cassy, but I couldn't find the blonde idiot anywhere.

That was when my eyes fell on Calum, who was pacing around in circles. Worry causing lines to form on my forehead, I went over to talk to him. I grabbed his arm and stopped him from taking another step, and he looked at me. I saw his eyes were shining and wet with unshed tears and I suddenly became more worried.

"Calum, are you alright?" I asked him, putting a hand on his shoulder and staring him right in the eyes.

He shrugged my hand off and stared at the floor. "I like her, okay?"

"Tavie?" yeah, Cal, I know you like Tavie, it's so obvious.

He nodded slightly. "I like her, and I'm pretty sure she knows that, and she just kissed Luke." He put his arms around himself and rocked from side to side, trying to hold back that tears from his eyes.

Calum never showed weakness like this, so this must be really hurting him.

"I thought she liked me back..." he muttered quietly to himself.

I bit my lip and sighed. "Oh god, Calum, I'm so sorry." I wasn't sure how to comfort him, I was just so torn.

Luke had been going on about Tavie for ages now, and finally he had made the move and kissed her. I was so happy for him. But seeing Cal like this now, I felt much less happy..

"I-it's fine. Sorry, you probably don't care." Cal turned away and wiped his eyes, angrily muttering to himself about how he shouldn't be crying in front of me.

"No, Cal it's fine I don't mind. I do care about this, it's obviously really hurt you." I said, putting one of my hands on his arm to reassure him.

He looked back at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You care? But you're best friends with Luke... shouldn't you be happy for him?"

"Well... I mean, Luke's been pining over Tavie for days, so yeah I guess I was happy for him in the millisecond you told me he'd kissed her. But now after you told me this I'm honestly more upset for you. I don't think Tavie should be doing this to you guys. I mean, she's even got Ashton angry before, right?" I explained truthfully.

Cal looked even more confused. "So, you think this is Tavie's fault?"

"No. It's no one's fault. You can't control your feelings for someone. And Cal, you can't make her like you. You can't force her away from Luke. You're just going to have to be a gentleman and let Tavie sort this out herself." I said.

He looked reluctant, staring at his hands as he weighed his options out. "I don't know if I can just move on, Michael."

"I'm not saying you should move on, I'm just saying you shouldn't interfere. Let it all play out." I told him with a small sigh.

God, I would hate to be in his position right now.

Soon all the students were being called back onto the bus, and Tavie was sitting next to Cassy, and I sat next to Calum. We went back to the hotel and all went to sleep quite quickly that night, expect for the four people who were all on each other's minds, not allowing them to sleep.

// oh god this chapter was so bad I'm sorry. I literally wrote it so fast I haven't spell-checked it or anything so please don't freak out at it. //