31 - that's not how i wanted to get you wet

The next day's event was... interesting.

We went to this tiny parish called Maughold, and went to an activities place named "the adventure centre". We had been told to get dressed into clothes that we didn't mind getting completely wrecked, and that scared a tonne of us girls. We were not prepared for our clothes to get destroyed.

And to think that we could have gone to some Caribbean island...

When we got there, the year was told to split up into groups of six. Of course, I ran for Cass and Luke. Michael stuck to Cass like superglue, and Ashton and Calum decided they were going to be awkward and complete our group of six.

Our group was taken to the crate stacking activity first. I carefully decided to stay beside Cassy, because there was no way that I was going to have another awkward encounter with Ashton.

"Okay kids, can you please pair up, so you are in three teams of two." The woman who was going to lead our activity said. She seemed nice enough, with a bright smile and soft, kind eyes.

I gripped Cassy's hand and she looked at me. I knew she was going to go with Michael, but I really needed her then. She nodded at me and sent an apologetic look to Michael.

"Sorry Mikey." She mouthed to him with a small smile.

He shrugged and paired up with Luke, who had looked at me in confusion for a couple of seconds, but also shrugged and high-fived Michael for no apparent reason.

So that left Calum and Ashton, who originally looked a bit suspicious of each other, but returned to the happy people they were after a second. They were friends, anyway. They shouldn't not be friends because of... because of me.

"So the aim is to build the tallest tower, okay? But you have to do it by stacking the crates while standing on them. Let's have the girls first." The lady grinned at me and Cassy.

Her partner guy came and attached me and Cassy into harnesses and we started to look a little afraid while the woman told us that one of the other two pairs would be holding onto our harness rope so we didn't fall.

"So who's going to do the safety stuff?" She asked the boys, and Mikey and Luke immediately said they would. I grinned at Luke as we sent each other competitive looks.

"You're going down, Taylor." He said, doing that 'I'm watching you' hand gesture.

"No, you're going down, Hemmings." I replied, grabbing a crate and high-fiving Cass. "We're going to beat these four bitches and then party all night." I muttered to her, and she nodded, sticking her tongue out at Michael. "Cassidy Jenkins, no love affairs with the Trebles, or your vocal chords will be ripped out by wolves."

She burst out laughing. "Octavia Taylor, you are such a hypocrite." She grinned at me and I hit her gently on the shoulder.

"Shut up." I murmured, blushing as I glanced at Luke out of the corner of my eye.

"Okay, ready set go!" The lady said, and we were suddenly thrown into the game.

With Luke gripping tightly onto the other end of the rope attached to my harness through the whole gear system, we started stacking crates.

Cassy and I laid the first layer of two red crates on the floor side by side (we were not allowed more than two crates per layer) and we had to stand both on one of the crates while I laid another crate on top of the second crate of the layer.

Basically, it was a really weird kind of stair system, just in a zig-zag kind of way and there was no way back down once you'd stepped onto the next step.