15 - the boy every girl swooned over

What the fxck was happening? I was staring after my brother and his friends' retreating backs, watching him go and try to find Ashton when he had just been told that Ashton had kissed me.

My legs decided they were going to move, and they carried me down the hallway and out of the door to follow my brother.

As soon as I got out of the building, I didn't see anything. I surveyed all of my surroundings, and slowly walked forward.

Suddenly, I spotted two arguing figures, and a few huge guys circling them. They were far off at the bottom of the football field. I watched as Ashton made a few motions to the guys surrounding them, and then Aaron nodded and made a hand gesture to the guys, telling them to leave them.

The guys walked in my direction, and I saw my brother and Ashton start arguing, their faces getting redder and redder as they became more angry. Aaron's friends passed me and as soon as they did I saw Aaron pounce on Ashton.

That was when I started to run towards them, shouting at them to stop.

Ashton was the star player on the football team. Ashton was the boy all the girls - older than our year and younger - swooned over, mainly because of his muscles and attractiveness.

So inevitably, Aaron was overpowered by Ashton and knocked to the ground. I stopped in my tracks out of shock and stared as Ashton threw punch after punch at Aaron, and i started to scream as I saw Aaron lying unconscious and bleeding, pinned under a furious Ashton.

"Ashton! Stop! Stop!" I screamed, running as fast as I could towards the boy who was blind with rage.

All this rage... over me? I doubted it.

I reached him and pushed him off with all my force. The only reason I overpowered him like that was because he wasn't expecting it.

I fell down to my knees next to my protective brother and wiped the blood under his nose with my jumper sleeve, but the blood kept coming.

"Ashton." I said sternly to him. He was sitting beside us and staring at us in shock, as if he had just come out of a trance.

"Y-yes?" His eyes focused on me.

"Go and get help. Aaron's bleeding isn't stopping." I ordered him. The only reason I wasn't screaming at him was because my brother needed help, and I was still in shock as well.

Ashton raced away, and the school nurse came. She said she couldn't give Aaron the kind of treatment he needed, and so five minutes later the ambulance arrived.

I wasn't even allowed to go with him.

Throughout the last lessons of the day, Ashton tried to talk to me, but I ignored him. I was not going to talk to him at all. He didn't deserve it.

"Tavie, are you okay?" Cassy asked me in concern halfway through English. I had been staring out of the window for the whole lesson, even though I loved English; I always payed attention in English.

I nodded. "Just worried about Aaron." I confessed, biting my lip.

She nodded. "He'll be okay. You can visit him as soon as Luke tells you his answer."

Oh yeah... I had completely forgotten about the meeting with Luke.

I sighed. "Yeah."

After one day, many things had fallen apart. My friendship with Calum, any potential for a friendship with Ashton, and my brother's face.

What on earth had happened?