08 - i couldn't care less

That next morning was very very painful. Aaron woke me up in the morning by pulling the curtains open, allowing the sunlight to stream in and burn my sensitive eyes, and he shouted "WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BAKEY" right in my ear.

Is bakey even a thing?

"Okay!" I shouted, but winced at the volume. "Okay, I'm up." I repeated, much quieter this time.

"You're going to have to get cleaned up very well. Mum and dad are here, and we need to successfully trick them that you are not hungover." He gave me a quick look over, and then pursed his lips, shaking his head. "I'm gonna have to help you. You are definitely not in good enough shape to do it by yourself."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Whatever, just help me trick mum and dad."

We worked together to conceal the rings around my eyes, and to untangle my bird's nest of hair. Then I got changed into my usual jeans and a top and decided to not wear sunglasses in order to try and hide the fact that I needed sunglasses to get through the morning.

Then my phone buzzed. It was a text from Calum.

Hey! The party tonight is christmas themed, so thought you should know :) - Cal xx

Thanks, I'll meet you there - Tavie x

Oh no, we're going to pick you up outside your house. We'll be there at six. We have to get to the party early to set up and all that - Cal xx

Thanks :) see you at six! - Tavie x

That gave me six hours to trick my parents, have that talk with Aaron, and go out to buy a Christmas costume.

It was easy to trick my parents, they were such adorable gullible children. The talk with Aaron, however, was not so easy.

He led me upstairs to his room, and I laid down immediately on his bed, smiling at the comfort. Aaron sat on his desk chair and gazed at me with level eyes. I sighed and met my eyes with his.

His were filled with disappointment, which was so painful to see and meet. It dug into my very being, my very soul. He had never given me this look before. It used to be the other way around. I'd be the one driving him and his friends drunk to their houses. I'd be the one lying for him to mum and dad. I'd be the one giving him the pep talks.

But now that had all changed overnight, and because I was stupid enough to try 'just one drink'. I think everyone knows where 'just one drink' leads to.

"Tavie, I know you're growing up and all, and you can take care of yourself, but I'd like it if you tried to keep your distance from those four for a while." He said to me. His voice didn't waver. Not even once.

Did he not realise what he was asking me to do?

"Aaron, Calum has been my best friend for ages. You can't just ask me to up and leave him there. Luke and Michael are awesome friends, and I can't wait to get to know them better. And Ashton..." I trailed off. Did I know what I thought of Ashton yet? I had known. I was about to say it, but then the words couldn't escape my lips.

I just couldn't say what I was going to say.

"I couldn't care less about Ashton Fletcher Irwin." Was what I was going to say, but I had stopped myself. Because I did care. I cared about the stupid curly haired boy in that stupid band.

And do you want to know why I cared?

I cared because he was in the band. He was in a band with Calum, Luke, and Michael, and they had fun together. I couldn't get in the way of that fun, so I was going to have to join in.

And maybe, just maybe, I would find my own personal reason for why I cared about Ashton Irwin.

__________________

I had to end the chapter there, I'm sorry. I know it is very short and that it was badly written, but I wanted to get it to you guys because I haven't updated in a while.

Okay, so I hope you guys are having an awesome holiday!

What have you asked for for Christmas?

I'm thinking that the party will be in the next chapter :D

Guys the sidebar pic though, it basically portrays everything about the four of them in this book lol. Idk tho XD