22 - life on the edge

// a/n I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!! (sooorrrryyy lol I just typed the chapter number in and that song popped into my head hahaha) oh and while I'm here THANKS FOR 2K!!!!

oh and I haven't edited this chapter, sorry. I wanted to get it to you guys quickly. //

We had finally arrived at the airport after a 20 minute coach drive. Everyone was staring at the teacher who was standing at the front of the coach. We all knew what was going to happen next; they were going to announce our destination.

Yes, they had told us what we should wear and everything, but they literally just said 'bring warm clothes'. Yep, we were all kind of worried about that, but still, it could be an exciting place.

"Well, everyone. I know you are very excited about where we're going today." The thin lady at the front of the couch begun. "I'll just tell you straight away, we're going to the Isle of Man!"

Everyone fell silent, looking at each other with looks that said 'wtf is the Isle Of Man?'

"The Island is in the sea just between Ireland and England, and we could have taken the ferry, but we decided to take the plane as it is much easier. Now, there are no separate classes on planes to the island, as that flight is only an hour and a half long. We're going to be handing out tickets now. When I say your name, come and collect your ticket from me and get off the coach, collect your bag from the driver, and wait by Ms Hemmings with your bag and ticket. No one is allowed to switch tickets, okay? We will know if you do. Oh and one more thing; don't lose this ticket." The teacher explained, pointing to Luke's mum who was standing by the door to enter the airport.

She said my name first, and I stood up and dos as she said, taking my bag and ticket and standing by the blonde woman, who smiled kindly at me. "Well done on your A in the test last week, Octavia."

I smiled, hiding my wince at my full name. "Thank you, Ms Hemmings. I worked quite hard for it." I said, watching as Ashton came off the coach after me and took his bag from the driver.

"Hi gorgeous." He grinned at me, standing beside me.

"Don't call me that. I haven't forgiven you for what you did to Aaron." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at Luke as he disembarked the coach.

"Since I got my ticket after you, I'm pretty sure that we're sitting together." Ashton said to me, showing me his ticket. Seat 3A.

I glanced at mine and groaned, shaking my head. I had seat 3B.

"Don't worry. The flight is very short." Ms Hemmings told me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I just kept on internally groaning.

Michael got out of the coach after Cara and I waved him over, hugging him quickly. "Mikey save me! I have to sit next to Ashton on the flight!" I exclaimed, burying my face in his chest dramatically.

He laughed and hugged me back. "What did you do to her?" He asked Ashton with a small chuckle.

"Nothing!" The curly haired boy replied. I turned my head to see him holding his hands up in the air in defence.

"Nothing?! You put my brother in hospital!" I hit his chest and he shook his head.

"I apologised, didn't I? Just let it go, babe." He said, grabbing my hand in his and smiling at me.

I shook my head. "You want me to let the fact that you beat my brother up so much that he was put in the hospital go? What kind of a request is that?!" I decided to ignore the fact that he called me babe.

"I'm sorry, Tavie. I'm so so so sorry. I don't know what got into me." Ashton exclaimed, squeezing my hand tightly and looking into my eyes, his hazel ones expressing complete desperation.

I sighed. "I forgive you, Ashton. I mean... it has been two weeks." I shrugged, and pulled away from the long hug with Michael.

"Okay kids, we're going to move quickly and smoothly through the airport! Follow me!" Liz Hemmings exclaimed, catching the attention of all the kids - all of whom had got out of the coach by now and were standing around Liz - and leading us into the airport to begin the long process of checking in to the flight, waiting around for it and finally boarding.

*~*

I fell into my seat next to Ashton and immediately got out my phone, putting the earphones in my ears and putting on All Time Low.

Soon I felt a hand tap my shoulder and I turned around, spotting Calum in the chair behind me. "Calum!" I grinned at him, laughing at the face he pulled to greet me with.

"Hiya Tave." He said, leaning forward in his chair.

Michael was sitting next to him, and I watched as he pulled faces at the girl who I was pretty sure he really liked. She was sitting next to Sophia, and the poor brunette was sighing and watching the two love-birds communicate with silly faces.

Cassy had made one other friend when she came to the school, who was Sophia. That was probably why they were in the same group.

"So Cal, why did you tap my shoulder?" I asked after the pause which had been caused by Michael sticking his tongue out at Cass and me laughing at him.

"I'm being ignored by this idiot." My best friend pouted, motioning to Michael.

"What a shame. How am I supposed to fix that?" I chuckled, twisting more in my seat to try and find a comfortable position.

"Miss, can you please sit properly for take-off?" An air hostess tapped me on the shoulder.

I immediately turned round, nodded and smiled at the woman, who chuckled quietly as she walked away.

"What a rebel." Ashton said sarcastically, grinning at me as I calmed myself down. I always hated being told off.

"Yep. Tavie Taylor, living on the edge." I laughed, shaking my head at Ashton's comment.

After all the safety talks and captain's announcements were finally began to move, and I bit my lip, staring past Ashton and out of the window as the scenery began to change.

Soon the plane picked up speed, and I gripped the armrest between mine and Ashton's seat as my stomach dropped and the big metal bird lifted itself into the air.

Ashton chuckled at me and took my hand in his. "Scared of flying?" He asked me. I nodded quickly in response, closing my eyes and muttering curse words under my breath as the knot in my stomach worsened.

"Do you remember last year, Tavie? You almost crushed my hand in the turbulence." Cal laughed from behind me, and I shook my head.

"Shut up, Hood." I muttered, reaching my hand behind my seat to hit his leg. He just laughed some more.

The plane was soon flying over the sea, and I tried to avoid looking out of the window, grateful that Ashton was in the window seat.

Suddenly, I felt fingers tapping my right arm, and I looked across the aisle to see Luke on the other side. Cara was asleep on his shoulder again, and he gently pushed her off, laying her so she was leaning against the window.

"Want one?" Luke held out an Oreo to me, and I gladly took it.

"How did you know these were my favourite?" I asked him, and he laughed.

"I didn't, they're my favourite." He shrugged, taking a bite out of his own. This was when I began to feel the pang of my crush on him again. I had almost forgot about that obsession. In all of the craziness that had happened after I found out who the three boys were in Calum's band, a small crush hadn't really mattered to me anymore.

But now as I found out we shared a crazy love of Oreo's, I watched him bite into one (like the creepy person I was) and my heart jumped in my chest. Suddenly, my crush on Luke was back, and it hit me harder than Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball.

// a/n I'm pretty sure that I would crush on a guy as soon as he offered me an Oreo

and omg guys look at the length of this chapter! I hope you're happy with it! remember to vote please, and your comments have got me smiling so much the last few chapters, thank you all. and just I'm going to mention it again: 2K READS?!?! ILY ALL YOU'RE AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL //