37 - dopey

*Luke's POV*

a/n please read the author's note at the bottom it's important :-)

I have no clue what to do anymore. I really, really like Tavie, but I can't put up with Ashton and Calum anymore now that I'm with her. Every single little thing they do gets on my nerves, if they so much as mention her name my mouth wants to erupt curses at them like a volcano. I don't know whether I can stand this much longer. I don't know if Tavie and I will be able to push through it.

I think I may have been wrong to catch her when I did.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot I was in the queue for the till at the supermarket (for my mum, she wanted me to get her some stuff for dinner tonight - I invited Tavie round to meet her formally as my... um... she's not my girlfriend yet, is she?) and I felt a nudge from behind me. I turned around and was met with some dark brown eyes.

"Hurry up, Dopey." She grinned at me, and pushed me forward to the till.

"H-hey!" I stuttered, stumbling forward. I looked back at her, narrowing my eyes at her. She just smirked and nodded to the cashier. I rolled my eyes at her and handed the cashier the basket with the food my mum wanted me to get her.

"My name's Cheyenne." The long, dark brown haired girl said, even though I had decided to ignore her, with her rude pokes and shoves.

"Luke." I grumbled as a reply.

She laughed. "Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Dopey."

I sighed. "Stop calling me that." The cashier asked for the money and I gave him it in cash my mum had given me. I had a £10 note left spare and decided I would go to the coffee shop on the way back home.

"Alright, Dopey, sorry. I'll stop calling you Dopey."

I gave her a look and she giggled, and then nodded.

"I just needed to get it out of my system, Dopey. I'm done now." She smiled, I just sighed. I was about to leave when she stopped me as she handed the entertained cashier the basket she was carrying. "Wait, you seemed like you were really lost in thought earlier, and your forehead was so crinkled it looked like a load of ski ramps."

I frowned. "Yeah, I was deep in thought, but it's none of your business." I muttered.

"I know, but quite often it's nice to talk to someone who has a clean slate you can write your story on. I'm a great listener." She smiled innocently at me and paid the cashier. She came up to me with her bag and bounced on the balls of her feet happily. "We can go get a coffee and you can tell me about it before we go to wherever we came from to get this supermarket food."

I sighed, realising I wasn't going to get rid of her. She grinned when she saw I was defeated and led me out of the supermarket, towards a coffee shop just across the street.

"I don't have very long. My mum wants to start cooking the food as soon as possible." I lied, trying to keep our conversation as quick as I could.

"Okay, take as long as you want." She said, and we stood in line. She ordered a strawberries and cream cooler, and I got just a regular coffee.

We sat down and I began to tell her everything. She was right, she was an amazing listener. She was so kind to just sit and listen, and I found great comfort in telling her what was going on. It's quite strange, but I find it much easier to tell a stranger my problems. They aren't involved, so they can just listen and don't make any judgement. And I could see it in Shay's eyes, she understood me, and she was listening and she was entirely impartial.

"So, I don't know who to trust anymore, who to put my faith in. I feel like I'm being torn between my friends and Tavie, and I don't want to choose. I know Tavie doesn't want me to be feeling like this, but I can't help it, you know?" I summed everything up that was going on in my head, and Shay sighed.

"Well, if you love Tavie, you should fight for her, and if you put all that effort into getting her, you must like her enough to put effort into keeping her." She smiled, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I really like her. She means a lot to me, and I want to keep her, but I don't want to loose my friends." I muttered, biting my lip nervously.

"As your friends they should be respectful of the fact that she's yours." Shay said simply. But it wasn't that easy.

"She's not exactly mine yet, she's not even my girlfriend yet, and I'm pretty sure Ashton's in love with her. So is Calum, but he's less of a fighter. I mean, if there was even the slightest chance he could get her, he'd go for it, but I guess he feels like he doesn't stand a chance between Ashton and I." I explained and ran a hand through my hair with a sigh.

"Well, if you want to, you should ask her to be your girlfriend."

I nodded. "I guess." I checked the clock and realised I should have left ten minutes ago. "I really need to go." I said, and stood up, grabbing my shopping bags and smiling at a Shay as she did the same. "Hey, put your number in here. We can hang out some other time."

She nodded and took my phone from my outstretched hand to put her number in. "See you around, Dopey."

I laughed and nodded, taking my phone and waving goodbye as I left the coffee shop.

// a/n omg guys i'm so sorry i haven't updated in so long. i have no excuse i'm awful i'm so sorry. anyway, @just-peachy- is Luke's friend - Cheyenne (Shay) and has been introduced in this chapter. now, i've noticed no one has taken part in the competition *cringe*, so i thought you guys could come up with a different way to choose who will be who. so if you have any different ideas could you please comment them? i just don't want to choose randomly cause i feel that that would be unfair. anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter and once again i'm so sorry it's been such a long wait

oh and gUESS WHAT?! i got a new guitar today! it's so awESOME I LOVE IT

love you guys, thanks for sticking through these horribly sporadic updates //