2. Frat Parties - ✭ Monica ✭

Luckily, by the time I make it back to my room, my new roommate isn't there. The room smells of incense and sex though, not that I'd know much about the later. Regardless, it had me cracking open a window to rid the room of it.

I make quick work of changing into my pajamas and doing a few stretches before I grab a book. The moment I go to flop myself in bed my roommate busts open the door. At least I sure hope it's her since she's towel-clad and fresh out of the shower.

"Oh hey! You must be Monica?"

"The one and only." I place my book down to the side. "And you must be, Marcella?" She gives me a wide smile and a nod of the head.

"I thought I'd seen you leaving the room earlier." She towels her long curly hair out, scrunching it every now and again as she does. "it looked like you were meeting up with some guy or something?"

"Yeah, that was my boyfriend. We went and got some pizza at that place up the street."

"Cool." She begins changing in front of me, completely unabashed. "Does he go here too?"

"Yeah, he's a freshman too." I debate saying the next part. Since she is clearly fine with getting naked and changing in front of me I decide to. "I stopped by earlier but you, uhm, you seemed a bit busy with your own boyfriend."

"Oh, yikes. You heard that?" She makes a cringe face. "I thought I'd be able to let out a little sexual frustration with Mr. Vibe." I nod, but am a little concerned she's sleeping with a professor already. "That's what I call my vibrator. I think it's kind of funny, you know?"

"Right. Funny." I try to let out a chuckle but sexual topics always make me uncomfortable. "So..."

"I'm just saying it's going to be one long-ass semester without my partner." She lets out a sigh as she slips into a cami and panties before plopping down her bed, facing me. "I hope you don't mind but I need to get off like... regularly."

Yikes. She certainly likes to overshare...

"Uh, yeah, it's whatever. You do whatever you gotta do but maybe let's have a rule that that's not going to be something that happens often? At least while we're in the room together or whatever? I mean I get the need to do it but I'm not really like—"

"You're cute, rambling like you're a little unexperienced sweetheart." I don't know how to respond to that because she said it like it was a joke. But it's actually the truth. "How about we have a mutual rule, then? When you and your boyfriend want a little horny time to do the deed, you just put a hair tie or two on the door and I won't come in. I'll do the same when I need to let off some steam." She grabs some purple hair ties and tosses them at me. "Here."

"Yeah, okay. That, uhm, sounds like a plan." I place the ties on the shelf next to me. Not wanting to continue the conversation I say, "well, I'm feeling pretty tired. It's been a really long day of unpacking and stuff. So I, uhm, I think I'm going to call it a night."

"Alright, yeah, I hear you." Before she turns her light off she turns to me. "It was nice to meet you, Monica."

"It was nice to meet you too, Marcella."

When the lights go out I close my eyes. I see nothing at first and then a a park bench. One with a dark-haired stranger sitting on it, tattoos adorning his arms, right before sleep pulls me under.

✩✩✩

Frat parties are something I thought my future would never hold. Yet, here I am, attending one after not even being here for a weekend. I never saw myself as this type of girl. Dating a frat guy. Going to parties. Drinking underage. None of the previous were my cup of tea. It's never been my type of scene and it appears it still isn't.