10. Elephant In The Room - ✭ Monica ✭

We'd fallen asleep soon after our incident with barely a word spoken between us. He'd gotten up and used the bathroom then I'd done so immediately after, studiously waiting until he was back in his bed. I didn't want to face him, didn't want him to see how ashamed of myself I was, am. Because after the intense wave of euphoria settled an equally powerful wave of embarrassment washed over me.

Boston has a way of getting right up and under my skin. Because of it I had masturbated. In a bed. Next to a complete stranger.

When he had entered the room and saw me in my underwear I wasn't nervous or embarrassed, like I would usually be. Instead I was exhilarated, excited. Then I was hot, so hot, when he came up directly behind me and caressed me.

He'd handled me like he owned my body. Those hands touched me like they wanted to brand my skin. Hell, maybe he did. The scary part was I didn't seem to mind in the least and I haven't even known him an entire week.

I had wanted him to take his pleasure from me, to give it to me, even begged him for it when we'd been in the dark. The things I wanted him to do and the admittance of those things to him startled me. It startled me and scared me to my core. Never once had I acted in such a way with Carter. Never had he ever made me feel the tingling sensation all over my skin, down there. No, not the way Boston did.

I hear my phone start buzzing for the millionth time and grab ahold of it. My dad has been calling me nonstop. It pings again with a text from my mom telling me that my brother and Amelia had had their baby. When the phone rings again I answer.

"Hey dad." Please tell me I don't sound as nervous as I think I do.

"Hey dad? Excuse me but why haven't you been picking up my phone calls?" I purse my lips as I look at the bed across from mine imagining what transpired last night. My dad is going to kill me. "Monica?"

"Mom text me and said Jamie is now a father! I'm so excited for him!" I let out a fake excited squeal of a noise. It's only fake because I'm so nervous. I'm genuinely happy for my brother.

"You still didn't answer my question but yes, your brother is now a father. We're super proud of him. The baby is beautiful. But why haven't you picked up my phone calls." The man never backs down.

"Uhm, well," I chew my lip knowing the onslaught I'm about to get but he's going to find out anyway. Like peeling off a band-aid. "I left school and decided to go on a road trip with a friend." The words came out in a hurried rush and are met with prolonged silence. "Dad?"

"You did what now?" The words were tight. I can practically see his large tatted hand running through his hair in irritation. A perpetual habit of frustration.

"I went on a road trip with a friend." I deadpanned again.

"Are you out of your mind, Monica? I swear to God himself the next time I see Carter I'm going to wring his fucking neck. That little entitled piece of... I'm going to castrate him when I—"

"Dad, calm down. I'm fine." I know my next words will have the exact opposite effect of calming him though. "I'm, uhm, I'm not with Carter." More silence. If he only knew what had transpired between the two of us... I visualize Boston snapping the waistband of my thong and cringe. "Dad?"

"You're with a stranger?" More silence and then I hear him take a deep breath and I know I'm in for it. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? MONICA, WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU? I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGIVE MYSELF. MONICA, I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GO BACK TO SCHOOL I WILL SEND OUT A FUCKING SEARCH PARTY FOR YOU. TELL ME YOU'RE WITH A FEMALE FRIEND BECAUSE IF YOU ARE WITH SOME RANDOM GUY I—" I hang up the phone not being able to take anymore. I love my dad to death but he's always been so over protective. There's probably nothing I could say right now that would get through to him.