58. This Is How I Die - ✭ Boston ✭

"I asked you a fucking question." His eyes are filled with barely contained fury. "What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Do. To. My. Son." Each word pronounced with lethal enunciation.

"Dad, I'm fi—"

"Shut your mouth. I will deal with you later." I was thinking Torey would quip something back, like his usual smartass self, but he doesn't. He can clearly see the enraged look on his father's face, like he's detonating and a second away from exploding.

"I don't answer to you, Riley." He might want to rethink that answer. But since he won't tell him...

"He slammed his face against the metal bars of my cell and then repeatedly kicked him in the stomach." I chimed in and Krzysztof gave me a penetrating glare as everyone else's eyes slipped to mine.

"How many times did he kick him?" That was from Luke.

I can feel razor sharp eyes on me, wanting to slice me to pieces as I say, "oh, I don't know. It was probably something like twelve times, maybe more. Enough that he spit out blood."

"Bastard," Luke snarls at Krzysztof.

"Let him out of that cage." When he hesitates to do so Denver reiterates, "let him out now or I let Mal do with her," he tilts his head toward Lena, "what she sees fit. Fit for beating the shit out of our son."

"He didn't beat the shit out of me. I could've taken him if he didn't have a gun to my head."

"Torey, I think it's time you close your mouth before he explodes." That came from Luke who's analyzing Denver. "Denver—"

"I swear to Christ if you tell me to calm down I will lose my absolute fucking shit."

A chuckle from Krzysztof has Mal gritting her teeth. "You three are adorable but I will not be setting him free. A bargain is a bargain and if Rhoen wants his son free then he can come free him himself. Apologize to my sister while he's at it too." He goes to light another cigarette, like this is an idle business conversation.

"He stays here then she comes with us and I don't know, I may or may not be in the mood to play with her later." The sly smile mixed with the tone of her voice nearly suggests something sexual, not matching the murderous look in her eye.

"We don't play with those we can devour in a single bite, Mal." Luke's words are fierce but the murder turns to humor in her eyes as Malyssa cocks her head to look back at him.

"But I do so enjoy playing with the things I put in my mouth especially before devouring them, darling." She licks her lips and Luke rolls his eyes. "Don't act like you don't like it too."

"Oh for fuck's sake." Torey cringes and Seth does much of the same.

"Back to the point." She's now looking at Lena, seemingly unfazed by the guns still pointed at her. "Lena dear, do you want to become my play thing? We could play a little target practice." Before I can even register it there's a knife thrown, now sitting in the wall next to Denver's head. Lena lets out a loud scream. "I'm a bit rusty due to such a sedentary lifestyle and all."

"You know how I feel about knives being thrown at me when I have a woman in my arms." Denver clamps a hand down over her still-screaming mouth with a disgruntled face. "If that's how you scream in the bedroom too I don't know how Rhoen put up with you for so long."

The growl that come out of Krzysztof is feral. "Get your hand off of her fucking mouth." He looks menacing as he reaches behind his back and pulls out a gun but before he can aim it Luke flings a blade near his hand.

"I'm bored." The casualness of Luke's voice suggests exactly that. "I have a business meeting to attend to in an hour and I would rather not have to reschedule it. If you don't let Boston go in the next five minutes then I'm afraid," he cocks the gun in his hand and aims it directly at Krzysztof's head, "I'm going to have to put a bullet right between your eyes and just take the keys off of you." The look on his face says he wouldn't even blink and eye at that.