6. You Deserve Better - ✭ Monica ✭

"So, what made you come?" Boston's deep voice asked. I was thankful for the topic change considering bringing up my father gave me anxiety tenfold. Once my father finds out what I've done he's liable to blow a gasket or want to murder Boston. Probably more of the later.

Let's not think about that. Focus on the question, Monica. 

I look over to him and examine his dark hair, a stark opposite from Carter's platinum color. The ink swirling up each arm is similar to arms that had cared and comforted me my whole life; my father's. Except their ink is completely different. While my father has color in his, Boston has none.

"You did." His lips twitch and I can tell he wants to smile.

"What about me?" He glances over to me before changing lanes.

"Just what you said to me last night. I had thought for so long that that was the life I wanted. Carter and I—" As if on cue my phone goes off with a message from Carter apologizing for last night. He also asks if we can meet up for brunch.

"What's up?"

"Nothing." I click out of our conversation with a sigh.

"Was that Carter?"

"Yeah."

"Did you tell him you were leaving with me?"

"Yeah right." I can't help but snort out a laugh at that. "I'm sure that's going to go over like a lead brick. He's going to be really upset and probably really mad at me for leaving with another guy."

"He has no right to be mad at you for anything." Why does he sound so angry?

"Uh, yeah he does." I eye the side of his face incredulously. "Would you be thrilled if your girlfriend just up and left you to go on a road trip with some guy she just met?"

"Can't say that I would be, no." 

"Plus, I kneed him in the balls last night."

His jaw ticks before he grits out, "he deserved that."

"I don't know. Maybe I—"

"No." He looks at me seriously. "He one hundred percent deserved that. I'm surprised you haven't broken up with that prick already. You deserve better than him, Monica, better than that." The way he said that, my name, all defensively and protective made my cheeks warm.

After a few moments I counter with, "you don't even know me. How do you know what  I deserve?"

"You don't deserve someone fucking around with another girl last night because you wouldn't give it up. Kneeing him in the nads was the appropriate response for him trying to manhandle you when he fully fucking knows you're not ready to do that yet. You can't force someone to give up their virginity even if you've been with them for three years."

"What!? He told you that!?"

He nods his head with a, "yup." The confirmation makes my cheeks flare with embarrassment.

Carter had told him I'm an inexperienced virgin. What else he could've told him and whoever else makes me cover my face in pure humiliation. I can just hear his voice in my head— She's never given a blow-job or a hand-job. Only ever lets me get off by dry humping her or over the pants stuff.

"Hey," he reaches over and tugs one of my hands away from my face, "it's nothing to be embarrassed about or anything, Monica."

"We don't even really know each other and you know that I'm a virgin." I deadpanned. "You knowing that without me even having to tell you is embarrassing." Not to mention whatever else Carter may have said.