5. The Unplanned Plan - ✭ Boston ✭

What the fuck am I doing? What the fuck did I just do? I just asked my friend's roommate's girlfriend to take a fucking road trip with me. That's what.

Hearing her talk about cookie-cutter lives and specific life expectations had set something off inside of me. I had no plan and no idea what I had been doing when I'd asked. For some reason, I just wanted her to take a chance instead of signing her future away.

My parents had tried to maintain that and after a while it was just a semblance of happiness and not the real thing. Even though I didn't even know her, I knew Monica deserved better than that. She sure as fuck deserves better than a boyfriend who was just staying with her to nab her virginity.

How she had remained a virgin though must've been by sheer will-power because she's fucking gorgeous. I can only imagine the amount of guys who wanted her. That fact is probably why Carter has kept her under lock and key for the last three years. I'm sure those times when they broke up and he'd get laid were carefully calculated. I wonder if she even knew.

A part of me ponders if she's even aware how sexy she is and all of the sex appeal she has. Nah, she's got to be aware of that. There's no way should couldn't not be aware of that. Those curvaceous hips and those luscious thighs— I shake my head, ridding my self of the sexual thoughts entering it. 

For fuck's sake, Boston, what the fuck are you doing? About to road-trip with a sexy stranger who is supposed to be off-limits— that's what.

I walk up the pathway to the house taking in the lawn that is littered with cups and bottles. I pass a couple making out on the porch and a couple people passing around a joint before entering the loud house. Music is still cranking out and the party is seemingly just as it was when I had left.

Trudging past the table filled with booze I hear a drunken voice slur my name. I tense and turn around. Carter is sitting in a chair next to the table with a girl in his lap. I don't even know how I'd missed him. You're lost in thoughts about his girlfriend. Right.

"What's up, man?"

"You seen my girl?"

I eye the female on his lap. "Seems like you've got one right there," I'm gesturing to her.

"You know who I'm talking about. Monica. How do you know my Monica?" The way he'd said 'my Monica' makes me snort out an incredulous noise. "Is there something funny about that, man?" His tone trying to sound threatening but he's way too drunk to do much of anything right now.

"No, Carter, not at all. I was just laughing because she's the girl on the bench I told you about." His brow lifts at that.

"No shit?"

"Yeah, I just offered to walk her back to her dorm. Just looking out."

"Oh, well thanks, man." I wasn't looking out for you, asshole. I was looking out for her. "Grab a drink." He nods to the table beside me.

"Nah, I think I'm going to call it a night. I have to get up early tomorrow." Hopefully to meet up with 'your Monica'.

"Alright."

I turn around and make my way up the stairs to the bedroom. I'm thankful Eric isn't going at it with anyone when I enter. I blow out a breath before plopping myself down on the air mattress.

My hand fumbles around in my pocket around the pack of smokes and eventually I'm able to pull out my phone. Still no text from Monica yet. There's a slight disappointment that flows through me because of it.

✩✩✩

Sometime in the middle of the night, Carter brought the girl up to the room. She was that same one that had been sitting on his lap. He'd told her that they didn't have to do anything. That she could trust him and just sleep in his bed with him. No big deal. He had a girlfriend so nothing could happen. But soon after they'd crawled into his bed I could hear the sloppy sounds of drunk kissing.