50. Tinnitus - ✭ Monica ✭

He has that mischievous but yet serious look on his face that he's seemed to master so well. I don't know how he can just offhandedly suggest something, at the spur of the moment, and mean it completely. Well, I suppose I do know how he can do that but still. He never ceases to surprise me.

"You want me here with you? As in— move here?"

"Well yeah, that's what I just said, is it not?"

"You said it but do you really mean it? Or is it just one of those things?"

His lips flatten a little bit before adding, "you have never just been one of those things. You have been everything, Monica. Regardless at how reckless I am sometimes, I am never reckless with you." I tilt my head from side to side thinking about the last few months when he squeezes my butt.

"Hey!" I swat his chest but he just rolls his eyes. "Stop grabbing my butt." He does but then smacks it with both hands before gripping it again. "Boston!"

"You act like you didn't wear this skirt on purpose." I hadn't necessarily worn it on purpose for that reason but it was the same one I wore when I visited his other shop for the first time. "And these tights?" He growls out as he jerks me up his body. "Sexy as fuck. As if you didn't know that."

"Boston!" I gasp when he plops my butt on top of a reception desk. His large hands round my knees then slide up my thighs. His thumbs are caressing the skin of my inner thighs just before the apex of them. They rub soft circles on my skin as he presses his forehead against mine. I know he wants to touch me more, wants more, but he doesn't want to push me. It's something I've always loved about him. He lets me set the pace even when I know he wants to take control.

"I've missed touching you," he murmured, making me tremble underneath his touch. I've never trembled underneath anyone like I do Boston. "I want to do things with you that we haven't done together in a very long time."

It's been since December, ten whole months, since we've had sex together. I ache for more from him too. My eyes close as I think of him taking me in different ways. I have to blow out a deep breath before opening them again.

"You know we shouldn't start that way, right?" I'm just barely able to get my words steady. "After all this time apart we shouldn't." One of his thumbs lightly rubs my slit through my underwear, making me let out a gasp of pleasure, and dampen them simultaneously. "It's going to complicate things. It's going to—" I bite at my bottom lip as his pressure increases.

"Things are already so complicated." He presses a featherlight kiss against my forehead before continuing. "We're in spousal limbo, remember? Married but not. Separated but not. Always in love with each other."

"Always." The conformation makes him groan. "There's still things we need to discuss." He works my slit a bit quicker, making my breathing quicken as well. "We," I swallow down the moan I want to let out, "we should talk."

"Baby, we can talk later. Let's just be together. We haven't been together in so long." His thumb presses against my bundle of nerves, rolling it in the most delicious of ways. I try to say something but only manage to stutter out nonsense when he slides my panties over. I'm soaking wet, which means I've effectively wrecked my underwear. "My girl, so wet for me."

My girl...

"See, that's why we need to talk before we do this." Kind of pointless really since we're already doing this. My argument barely holds any weight at all as I moan out into the room.

"You want me to stop?" He pauses and my hips rock on their own accord. My damn traitorous body. "I didn't think so," he chuckles, "has it been a while?" The way his shoulders tensed slightly at the question makes me think he knew Derek had come into my room. Maybe he'd seen him in the hallway.