i. ┃sleepyhead

The young girl sighed as she lifted up the box, shifting it uncomfortably between her arms.

"You better not drop anything or else you'll be paying for it," a woman called out from above, causing the female to grumble momentarily as she used her knee to kick the box back up into her arms. She shifted the box once more before managing to secure her hands neatly below it. Upon realizing the cardboard box wouldn't move, she made her way up the rusty staircase.

"You know at the very least-" the female let out as she reached the top of the stairs. She placed the bow gently onto the ground near the open door, moving her gaze towards the woman as she tightly clutched her broom that swept across the metal floor. "-You could at least grab a few of these instead of making me do all the work." A lazy grin followed after, the woman groaning as she continued sweeping. "I mean, what sort of landlord makes their tenants do their personal housework? Personally quite unfair if you were to ask me."

The woman glared at the cheekily smiling girl, a deep frown sculpted into her features. Her red hair remained tightly kept in a short bob cut as her apron kept with her stride. Two large hands grabbed at the box in a quick motion, the woman picking it up with much more ease than the high schooler. She grumbled something under her lips, dark violet eyes refusing to soften from their hard glare. Her voice was rough, almost hiss like in tone whenever she spoke. "You'll do as I say so long as you're living here you kid vigilante."

"Do you really have to say that out loud in public?" The younger female flinched at the name, her smile altering and morphing into a much more tense expression. The woman however kept moving, placing the box down a little always in a pile before grabbing her broom once more. She huffed, yellow boots rubbing against the ground in a floaty fashion. "At least give me the rest of the day off, I still haven't bought any groceries for the month." The redhead stared for a moment before sighing, a hint of resignation laced in it.

"That should be all for today. I don't want to take up all of your time, not that you were ever spending it properly to begin with," the woman said briefly. The girl sighed, producing a small smile and nervous laugh as a hand went to scratch at her cheek. "I swear, all you do is lounge around all day. Don't people like you normally go to school or something?"

The young girl huffed, crossing her arms against one another as she looked to the side, starring down at the street near the small apartment complex. "As I've explained it once before, I'll explain it once again. I've been doing online school because of some health problems. And even if I were to begin going in person, it wouldn't truly do anything since it's already quite late in the year at this point. I'd be better off staying online than transferring back in person." She shook her head shortly, a small frown escaping her as her cheek puffed out in annoyance. "I don't suppose you just have a personal vendetta against me, do you?"

"You wouldn't be the first," the woman grumbled. The girl gave another laugh before heading back down the stairs, already knowing she wasn't about to get much more of a conversation from the old lady even if she tried. The woman was always frank with her words and opinions, always speaking in short quips that were woven in with sarcastic remarks. But she was at least a bit helpful about things, providing Y/N with dinner on some occasions for offering to help with things around the complex. She also didn't seem to give much of a care about what the young girl was doing so long as she still went to school regularly. Which she so troubling had to switch online to make sure her cover wasn't blown. It had been a major setback for the first few days but she had somehow managed to convince the school that she was having a few health problems that would be keeping her at home (and the fact the school didn't even need a medical note or anything, someone seriously needed to report the place). "Don't stay out too late Soma!" She paused for a moment, turning back around on her heel to call back at the lady.