xxxii. | menu

"Ami-chan! Welcome back!" Hatsume waved excitedly from the table, several different items thrown about the table. A wide array of different items, some of which the female remembered seeing in the previous two rounds, were in the room. Her eyes landed on the familiar sight of Eraserhead's gear, the one she had chosen to use during the entrance exam.

"Ah, Hatsume-chan..." the girl quietly let out, providing a small smile. She watched as the pink girl put down whatever she was working on and scooted a few of the objects into different sections. The girl patted the seat right next to her, emitting a sigh from her friend as she walked over to the indicated spot. Wasting no time, the support department student forced the h/c haired girl to lift her arms so she could strap something around her. "It seems like your collection has grown significantly since the last time."

"Of course, I've been working hard on them in preparations for the sports festival!" the girl announced happily. "You just need to leave everything to me. I'll explain how to use them properly during our match. Once I get enough screentime for my babies, I'll step out of the ring so you can advance!" Her eyes glowed brightly behind her goggles, a smile creeping up at the edges. "Think about it! You're going to be going up against one of the top students in the hero course, a student who got in on recommendations of all things! Everyone's eyes are going to be on you and my babies if we play it right!"

"I...doubt that will happen," Y/N laughed out slowly before it died down, a more solemn expression passing through. E/c eyes looked down at the floor tiredly as she continued to let Hatsume tinker around with her inventions, a strap clicking from behind. "I know you don't want to go onto the second round but, I don't think I stand much of a chance against Todoroki-san." Taking the pink-haired girl's pause as a sign, the female shook her head with a sigh and lowered her arms. "You saw him during the obstacle course. He blew away most of his competition with his quirk alone and the only reason we managed to surpass him was through our combined effort. The gap he was able to create during the first game was nothing short of years of experience and training. His abilities during the cavalry race weren't a joke either. He was able to securely land a spot in the third round by targeting your team. He was quick to realize he needed to focus on defense as well as momentum and built a team based upon that. Unlike him, I barely have any experience when it comes to these sorts of things."

"Is that why you were looking so down earlier? I only heard a bit of your conversation earlier." Hatsume let out a noise as she thought, crossing her arms across one another and closing her eyes in contemplation. "Freezer burn is certainly a formidable ally. He was able to take fanboy's headband without him even noticing and his ice is incredibly strong. If you don't have some sort of heat-based quirk or heater with you, you'll probably get stuck within a matter of seconds. But doesn't he have his weaknesses too?"

Y/N could have sworn she saw a diagram forming behind her as she tilted her head. "Even though he uses ice, his quirk isn't just remotely an ice base quirk. When he was fighting us in the calvary race, the ice seemed to be affecting him immensely. The longer he used it, the more frost would form on his body. When he used his fire side, however, it counteracted the ice." She lifted a finger up. "But for a large portion of the fight, he refused to use his fire side. Isn't that sort of strange?"

"That seems rather detrimental to his health. Isn't he just giving himself frostbite then?" the girl questioned. "I don't see how this would help me though. Todoroki-san may get frostbite from using his quirk for an extended period of time, but that would mean I would have to prolong our fight to the point that it happens. As it stands, I have no means of avoiding an attack from him. He could easily just use his quirk to immobilize me within a matter of seconds."

Hatsume grinned, giving a laugh. "Then don't you just need a way to counteract his quirk?"

"Counteracting his quirk?" the female repeated dumbly, mildly confused at what the other girl was insinuating. "Is something like that even possible?"