xvi. | expression

"For today's hero basic training, it's turned into a class with three instructors, All Might and me, and one more person," Aizawa announced from the front of the classroom. "We had to move around a few of the classes to make up for classes being cut short yesterday. Don't expect this to happen again in the future."

"Excuse me!" Sero raised his hand, leaning to the side from behind Jiro. Aizawa lifted a small card at the question, the word 'rescue' printed in bright blue letters.

"Disasters, shipwrecks, and everything in between. It's rescue training."

The class's faces seemed to rise at the reply, a few of them smiling. "Rescue..." Kaminari let out from his seat, a bead of sweat running down his cheek at the thought. He turned his head to the smiling girl beside him, raising a brow. "Looks like it'll be a lot of work this time, too, even though we had it easy yesterday."

"Right?" Mina turned her head with pumped fists, nodding her head. Kirishima leaned forward in his desk from behind the blond, catching the male's attention in the process.

"Idiot, this is the duty of a hero! My arms are ready to rumble!"

"No one can beat me in water, kero," Tsuyu commented.

"Hey, I'm not done," their teacher said, disrupting the class before they could get any more excited. The class turned silent at the call, not wanting to interrupt whatever the man was about to say. He held a tired expression as he began speaking once again. "Since we're doing rescue training, we've brought in another student from one of the other classes to participate as well. They'll mostly be helping out for today so don't treat them too harshly." With a single glance, he gestured towards the door. "Hurry up and introduce yourself."

The students watched with anticipation as the door opened, a young girl coming through. H/c hair bounced slightly behind her as she walked, turning towards the class once she was at the front of the room. Her hands were folded in front of herself, e/c eyes providing a single glance around the other students. With a twitch of the eye, she managed a single smile. "Thank you all for having me today," she said. "I'm Soma Masami. Please treat me well."

"You can decide if you want to wear your costume or not this time," Aizawa continued with a nod once she had finished, the girl moving back to the wall. He moved a remote out from his pocket, the familiar costumes sliding out from inside of the wall. "Because there are probably costumes that limit your abilities, too. The training will take place off-campus, so we're taking a bus. That is all. Start getting ready." Not waiting for any side remarks, he began to walk away from the front and out the door, leaving the class to their own devices.

"Masami-chan!" Midoriya let out with a wide grin. He practically shot out of his seat and ran to the front, much to Bakugo's apparent dismay as he let out a single curse. Y/N laughed awkwardly, scratching her cheek. "Did you sleep alright last night? I wish I could have visited you but I was already home when you started texting me..."

"It's alright Midoriya-san. I'm just glad we get to be in the same class for the day," the female replied back, a more placid smile. "Speaking of which, I hope you don't mind if I rely on you today. I'm sad to admit, but I'm feeling a bit nervous this morning. This is my first time being around so many other people outside of my class."

"O-Of course! I'm always willing to lend a hand if you ever need it..." His face had grown in a bright red, the boy's eyes darting to the side as his head bowed a bit. "You were one of my first friends here..."

"Midoriya!" Mina exclaimed, jumping up from her seat with an intense stare. Y/N tiled her head slightly before tensing, suddenly noticing the number of stares on her coming from the other students. She took a step back as a small crowd came forward, Midoriya simply giving a confused look. "You didn't tell us you had a girlfriend!"