xxx. | system

"Start!"

Everything went by in a blur as the different teams began to rush at one another, creating a mess of chaos across the arena. Y/N yelped as she found herself gripping on the shaggy black-haired student once again, closing her eyes as the wind beat against her face. Her body was trembling with each step they took, the female wondering how the other students made it look so easy in the show. Experiencing it for herself, the three below her did their best to keep her stable but with just how close they were, it was incredibly uncomfortable.

"Sorry, Soma-san!" the male called out. She could hear the sound of drilling from the front accompanied by the pattering of feet across the ground. "You'll have to bare with it for now until we get out of everyone's way!"

"Keep your eyes in front of yourself, Kaibara! We can't afford to lose our position!" Monoma grunted out, shoving his shoulder up in order to match Shinso. Yelling carried throughout the air, surrounding her senses. "The moment we stop paying attention to what is happening around us is the moment the others will strike. Right now, while everyone is distracted, we need to make our move."

"We need to get to the side of the arena soon. If we can get away from the center, then we can avoid everyone else," Shinso ordered swiftly. "But with the way things are right now, there's no way we'll be able to gain any more points unless we steal someone's headband and this is our best chance. Why are your classmates so persistent in attacking us when we aren't even in their way?"

"Clearly you need to have your eyes checked if you missed the glaring red flag we're carrying. That group, get closer to them while they're not paying attention." An exasperated yell came from her side, the sound of something clashing. "Soma! Would you open your eyes already? Or do you plan on dodging everyone like a blind man?"

"It's your guy's fault for placing us so close to Midoriya!" she shot back. With tried effort, she managed to pry her e/c eyes open with a gasp, keeping her hands solely around the student in front of her. It seemed that most of the stampede had directed themselves toward the green-haired boy. The air turned as the sound of something turned on, pulling the girl's attention away from her teammates to the group of huddled students. Midoriya came flying through the sky with his team, piercing the air with a jetpack. As Jiro tried to attack them with her ear jacks, she was quickly stopped by Dark Shadow who had taken form from below.

In their distractedness, the strange combination of class B and general studies neared the invisible girl. The h/c haired girl cringed as she steadied herself, releasing one hand.  "Forgive me for this Hagakure-san!" she half-shouted as they came closer. The group moved in silently from behind and Y/N whipped her hand out, fingers just barely tracing against the white headband. She securely gripped it within her fingers, giving a breath of relief when it came off as the three boys retreated after ensuring she had taken the headband. Sato only realized a few seconds too late that it had gone missing, his shout of panic coming through loudly.

Monoma smiled nonchalantly. "Profiting while others fight," he announced while the female placed the headband around her neck. "Good work, Soma. Now, let's get out of here before they start noticing us. We need to focus on defending our rider."

"They're moving in the other direction," Shinso noted. "We should probably keep our distance if we don't want the other groups to attack us like before. Now that we have another headband, we should be good until we find another group."

"Now then-" Mic's voice boomed from above, causing the e/c eyed girl to turn her head toward the screen momentarily. "-Even though barely two minutes have passed since we've started, it's already turned into a free-for-all!" The sound of a desk banging came forth. "Fights over the headbands breaking out all over! Ignoring the ten million points and going for second to fourth places isn't bad, either!"