iv. ┃visible

"I think we just found our guy."

"W-What? What do you mean we just- Soma-san! Where are you going?" Midoriya had turned his head to the other teenager, only to find her gone. He squeaked, two red sneakers scurrying to catch up to where she had run off to. He gripped his bag protectively, his head turning to look at both sides of himself as he stumbled behind the much quicker girl. "Do you know what that noise was?"

"If I had more time to explain I would," she began, a hand hastily shoving into her pocket. A slip of white paper rested between two fingers which she pushed back, the boy barely having time to react as it was shoved into his chest. He released another noise in surprise, his hands retracting from the bag to catch the small slip before it could fall. Green eyes looked at it questioningly but didn't have time to question it, already losing his pace by doing so. "But that was definitely the villain we've been chasing."

"Villain!?" He had sped up now to meet her pace, his face full of concern. "But why would it be coming from the sewers? All Might should have been able to catch it by now unless..." His voice trailed off, the female's face becoming a strained grimace.

"Unless he didn't catch it," she finished. "We're very limited on time, I need you to call that person's number before anything else happens. If the worst-case comes to, we'll at least have a backup ready to go."

"Please just- Hold on a moment!" He gripped the sleeve of her jacket, forcing her to stop. "Soma-san, what in the world is going on right now? You're not making any sense right now! Backup? Call this number? I-I really want to help you, I really do, but I can't if you don't tell me what's happening. Just why are you so intent on seeing this fight happen in person? The way you're acting right now makes it seem like you're more interested in seeing the villain more than All Might." He was pleading, her arm dropping. "W-Why do you need me to help you specifically?"

"I understand that this doesn't make sense right now but please, I ask of you to place your trust in me even if only for a moment." She released a breath, a shadow overcasting her face. "I promise everything will make sense in soon time."

"I can't just accept that." She looked at him, suddenly aware of how much he was shaking his head in rebuttal. "W-We just met and you're asking me to place my trust in you, for something I don't even understand? If there really is a villain running around, couldn't we just find a pro hero? I'm sure there is one around if we look hard enough." His tone was frantic, eyes only holding confusion. "Just- I don't understand. Why are you so intent on finding this guy? C-Can't you just let it go? Confronting that guy would be dangerous!"

Her eyes widened slightly, watching as he implored her to let the subject go. He held onto her sleeves firmly with his fist, his eyes boring into her own with only the wish for her to listen. To him, she must have looked insane. In all her focus, wanting to fix this plot before it could fall apart any more than it already had, she had forgotten Midoriya was another person right now and not just some character. To him who had no idea what she was thinking, he probably thought she was insane. She was throwing herself into the middle of a hero fight to catch a glimpse of the action even though the hero himself had yet to arrive. To him who didn't know how desperate she was, she probably looked insane just asking him to trust her with no clear reason. No normal person would ever do that. No person would just trust someone blindly after meeting them. That was how things worked after all. It made her pause, her arm slowly retreating to her body.

What would cause Midoriya to act? What made Midoriya tick as a person to the point he took action? In truth, there was only one answer to that question and she knew exactly how cruel, how manipulative it would be of her to use it after sympathizing with him over being quirkless. But to fix the plot, to give Midoriya his future once more?