ii. ┃unaccountable

"And in today's news, Endeavor has once again stopped another villain attack. Several witnesses claimed to have seen..."

The young girl sighed, throwing a black tracksuit jacket over a white tee-shirt, her ears mindlessly listening to whatever was on the television, which so luckily had appeared to be a local news station. She had stopped listening to it a while ago after they had already announced the weather predictions for the morning but her attention was once again brought back to the small thing upon mention of the number two hero. She perked a brow, making her way over to the couch and plopping herself down.

"It is unknown how many victims were caught in the directed attack but local authorities are working to make sure any survivors are found." The screen was replaced with a live feed, a helicopter given how far away the footage appeared to be. It was an office building, although half of it had been torn down. Smoke was steaming out of the damaged side and from the bottom, several people could be made out all crowding around the area. "We have been unable to receive any more information about the attack but will be keeping updated as the situation progresses."

She squinted her eyes, scanning the screen closer from her seat. It was hard to see the people below, most of them appearing to look the same as one another from the bird's eye view, but she was eventually able to find him off to the far side. His hero costume stood vividly, a dead giveaway to who exactly he was, as he entered the smoky area. A few other people followed from behind at distance, most likely the local authorities the news anchor had mentioned. Tearing her eyes away when the anchor began discussing something else, she swiftly grabbed the remote from the table and turned the television off.

Seeing people talk about heroes and villains so normally was something she supposed she would never be able to get used to. It had startled her at first, seeing how much the news discussed villain attacks around the city, that she eventually decided to start only paying attention to the daily weather reports and let everything else play out as background noise. Most of the stuff was rather depressing to pay attention to, especially when it was presented in mass form. As much as she would have liked to learn about the social situation of things, she doubted the constant stream would be much of a benefit to her already detrimental mental health.

A small yawn escaped from her mouth as she opened the front door, rubbing blearily at it with the bottom of her sleeve. She stepped outside, hitting the door with the back of her foot before making sure she had actually properly locked the door. A habit from her previous life, she tended to always double-check her things for self-reassurance.

"You're awake." The landlady looked up from below as the girl made her way down the stairs, grumbling a bit when she noticed the younger stumble a bit near the end and produce a self-deprecating laugh. "I'm guessing you're going to go out?"

"In a way," Y/N said with a nod. "I was planning on running around the area again. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm afraid in my current state I still have a fair amount of trouble finding my way around. I would rather avoid having to rely on my phone all the time to come back home." Her head cocked to the side. "Why do you ask? Do you need me to do something for you again?"

"I need a package delivered but one of the tenants broke their bathroom so I'm stuck here." Her tone was straightforward, a bit of annoyance seeping in her watch. "Since you're already leaving, would you mind dropping it off for me? The address is already listed on the top of the thing so you can just use your phone to find it." She pointed her head toward her room, the girl looking over and noticing a bulging folder. "I should have something in my place for later if you do."

"I'm offended you think of me in such a way," the h/c haired girl huffed out briefly before sighing, a calm expression as she looked back towards the package. "I don't mind. Do you need me to drop it off at a specific time or anything important?"