v.┃lopsided

"Soma-chan!"

The female looked up from her phone, releasing a small gloved wave in the green-haired male's direction. The screen had been cracked but thankfully repairable. She watched patiently as he ran up to her, bending over to catch his breath as soon as he stood in front of her. It made her raise an eyebrow, wondering just how long the boy had been running to begin with, which was quickly stifled down as he shot back up. An exhausted grin sat on his face, causing the female to sigh as she moved her phone down into her pocket.

"Honestly," she began. She moved her hand again, patting down his crinkled shirt gently with a frown. The black coat sitting on her shoulders slightly drooped at the action, revealing the white sweater underneath. "You act as if I were about to disappear at any given moment. I would have waited for you regardless of what time you showed up."

"S-Sorry!" he rushed out, earning a short hum in response. He allowed her to smooth out his uniform, his gaze refusing to meet her slightly crouched over body. The instant she had finally dropped her hand did he finally meet her gaze, the hint of pink remnant on his face. "I guess I was more excited than I thought." A soft laugh, followed by him rubbing the back of his neck. His other hand gripped his yellow bag.

"Am I really any reason to warrant overexcitement?" Y/N asked with a cocked head as she began turning on her booted heel, the young boy following along eagerly. Her pace was slower than usual, making sure the boy didn't struggle to keep up with her.

"You're not usually the one who asks to hang out. Usually, I have to do that kind of stuff so it felt kind of weird to see you asking. N-Not in a bad way or anything! I was actually really happy when you came to me first this time! Although it was pretty late at night when you sent it...Do you usually go to sleep so late?"

"I never noticed." Her face slightly scrunched, the boy waving her hands around in a placating matter before she could open her mouth. "Whatever did keep you if you don't mind me asking? You seemed to be in quite the rush just a few moments ago. I couldn't imagine it being all simply because of me."

"Y-You noticed?"

"Do you take me for a blind man?"

"I guess not..." he responded, his tone turning into muttering near the end. He cleared his throat briefly, looking to the side in a frenzied manner. "Um, well, I-I had to meet up with someone last minute this morning and I was just coming from that so that's why I look so tired! He's um, a family friend! Yep! A family friend!"

"Is that so?"

In all honesty, she knew he was referring to All Might. It had been a few weeks since their run-in with the villain and Midoriya had done quite an awful job at hiding the fact he was meeting with someone at night as of lately which had now also turned to morning meetings as well. He had tried several times to explain it was some sort of family relative of his but one could only use the same excuse so many times before it became suspicious.

That and she had caught the hero's phone number on his phone when he wasn't looking.

If anything, she was grateful that everything had somehow been magically solved by her dumbassery which frankly shouldn't have worked in the first place but somehow did so who the fuck was complaining because she wasn't. If she had to take a guess, something had probably happened during the time she was passed out that resulted in the formation of their relationship. She wasn't even against it, despite her wondering how in the world the conversation had exactly gone (she had tried to get Midoriya to spill the tea but he was quite adamant about not telling her every time). The boy had taken up most of All Might's attention which in turn, meant he wasn't seeking out her company as often as before. It gave her time to rest after everything, especially considering she had almost died in the process. Really, just how many near-death experiences was she going to have until this world was satisfied? There was no way these things could be healthy in the slightest.