vii.┃cloudy

"I...can't feel my arms anymore..."

The h/c haired girl let out a groan as she allowed her body to lean over the counter, her face immediately releasing a smile once she felt the cool top. Suzuki simply shook her head from the entrance as she placed a box down. "I swear, you act as if picking up a few things are the end of the world," she called out, gaining a short, muffled noise from the younger. "At least if you're gonna keep laying over there, you could watch over my counter for a bit."

"But what if someone ends up coming in when you're gone?" The shorter girl lifted her head with a frown, pushing her arms underneath her chin so it was resting on it. Her cheeks were slightly puffed, hair hanging in front of her face messily. "Would you really leave a poor girl like me to fend for myself in this dangerous neighborhood?"

"I'm pretty sure half the people here respect you too much to let trouble come your way, kid. And don't start pulling that helpless bullshit with me. It doesn't work on people who already know what you can do," the woman let out with a laugh, the other groaning once again as her eyes closed in frustration. She made no motion to move away however, settling herself further behind the counter.

"For the last time Suzuki-san, I'm not a vigilante. That-" A pointed finger. "-was a one time thing and I-" Back to herself "would appreciate it if you remembered as such."

"What's your deal with the whole 'vigilante' thing anyway?" The older woman placed a hand on her hip, lifting a single brow. The younger moved her gaze to the side. "I get being scared of the cops and all that but I doubt they'll be able to do anything about it. It's not like they were doing anything out here to begin with. If they try to arrest you, I think they'll have more problems than before. Shouldn't you at least be happy with a little bit of the praise? Practically everyone here on this block likes you, you know."

"It isn't that simple."

"Seems pretty simple to me," Suzuki huffed. Seeing the younger girl shrug, the woman could only shake her head with a frown as she moved her hand back to the door. "I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't start anything while I'm gone. I love you but my stocks aren't going to last for very long if you manage to stir up anything."

"What are you, my mom?" Y/N huffed out, another laugh coming forth before it was muffled as the door closed. She sighed, picking herself back up from behind the counter with a stretch. Her arms were still rather buzzy from carrying some of the boxes in for Suzuki, fingers a bit tingly for her to notice but not enough for her to complain about. She probably should have expected as much, spending almost little time on exercising as she probably should have. It hadn't been one of her priorities, her main focus on finding a way back trumping all others quite soundly, and she was sort of coming to regret that decision. Perhaps she should start working on building herself up more? It would be pretty funny to see Midoriya's reaction if she somehow were to get abs. The boy would probably start freaking about.

She released a small chuckle at the thought, giving one finally stretch before making her way to the back to grab a broom, Suzuki mentioning something about needing to clean up earlier.

How long ago had it been since she had come to this world? It was nearing the end of the school year now and U.A would be sending their acceptance and rejection letters soon, so maybe a little over half a year? She hadn't really given much thought as to how long she would be planning to spend there, seeing as she was bound to find some way back home eventually. In a world of countless possibilities, the possibility of finding a way back to her own world was what held her together still. Sure, she had come to enjoy spending time with Midoriya and surprisingly her time with the number one hero, but it wasn't really wasn't really her. While she may have thought of them as friends, they only saw her as Masami, an extension of herself as she had come to decide. The moment she left, and she was planning on it, this world would probably still continue on without her. It was a story created by a person, not an actual world. They might have cared for her now but they were still bound to a plot, one that was always moments away from breaking apart if she didn't watch herself. Even if she were to want to get closer to them, it just wouldn't work out. There was still a boundary between them and that gap always seemed to hang over her whenever she saw them.