viii.┃drawer

"Soma-chan! Thank you for inviting me again!" Midoriya grinned brightly, his feet bouncing as he stood in place. "But um, I have to wonder...Are you in a bad mood or something? Your body is shaking really badly."

"Whatever are you possibly talking about Midoriya-san? Your eyes must not be working properly because I am perfectly fine." The female's words came out of a forced smile, her eyes closed. Her arms were crossed against one another tightly, the jacket sitting on her shoulders vibrating along with her shaking body. "I am just so positively excited about the movie that I can hardly hold back myself."

"I-If you say so..." Midoriya let out with a frown. He obviously didn't believe anything she was saying but held his tongue, the air around the girl seeming to grow ever so much thicker upon him mentioning her mood. "Are we meeting your friends out here or something?"

"No, they arrived a bit earlier than me," Y/N let out. She unfolded her arms and began walking, gesturing a hand for Midoriya to follow alongside her. "I told them I was going to be waiting until you arrived so you shouldn't worry about it. We'll just be meeting them inside."

"You didn't have to stand around waiting for me," the green-haired boy smiled gently. "But I'm glad you did. I'm glad you found some more people to hang out with. You seem a lot more energetic than normal."

"Do I?" she questioned, earning a short nod in approval. Her brows furrowed. "I wasn't aware I was acting any differently than I normally do. What gave you the impression?"

"O-Oh um, well, usually whenever it's just the two of us, you sort of always have this smile on your face? It's nothing weird or anything but uh, it makes you look like you're a really calm person whenever we talk about stuff. It's honestly kind of soothing sometimes since you don't really get angry but it also makes you look a lot older than you are? You don't get frustrated much either so it's not hard to talk to you. But um, right now you're face looks sort of annoyed? Like whenever someone gets annoyed because someone is messing around with them? S-Sorry if it doesn't make any sense..."

Her feet faltered, her eyes blinking in surprise before she pushed it back down with a cough. Midoriya watched her expectantly as she fixed her step, resuming her walk beside him. Her eyes were zoned in on the side. "Sometimes I forget how perceptive of a person you are...You don't have to apologize, you're actually right on the mark."

"R-Really?" he asked, his eyes widening a bit.

She nodded her head. "Monoma-san, he's the one who invited me," she began with a groan, barely suppressing her frown. "Apparently your sentiment of me being an old woman doesn't only just fall to you."

"Wait, seriously? I-I um, was saying that as a joke?"

"Well, it seems your joke is turning into a common conception about me." Her cheeks were dusted, slightly puffing out. "Do I really carry myself in such a way? I thought I acted like any other teenager in my age group. Do I really sound that much like an old lady?"

"Of course you don't!" Midoriya intercepted. "You uh, might sound really weird with how you say certain stuff but you don't sound like an old lady all the time!"

"Please, don't spare my feelings. I definitely heard an insult in there," she laughed pitifully.

"Sorry..."

The h/c haired girl could only sigh, allowing her shoulders to droop as her head hung slightly to the side. "Well, I suppose I'll just have to live with it for now. I just can't tell what I'm doing wrong though. I didn't come from a really fancy or formal place so my speech should be normal all things considered. So why do I sound like this?"

"Um," Midoriya interrupted, fidgeting in place a little. "I'm actually kind of curious, what do you do every day? I know you're doing online school but besides that, I really don't know much about you."