xlii. | affair

The fourth round of matches had gone by relatively fast.

As expected, Bakugo remained steadfast in his current stream of victories, followed by a few other familiar faces from the original line-up and some new ones. Now that Todoroki had been taken out of the final round much earlier than originally anticipated, it seemed that there was no one fully able to stop Midoriya from rising in the ranks. Although she couldn't bring herself to completely devoid herself of her previous concerns, knowing that most of the changes that had taken place today were of her own doing, the female allowed herself to indulge in the same air of excitement that her fellow classmates had held onto so dearly. Now that she had made it this far, it would be pointless to complain. She might be able to win, but she still gave it her whole effort. The fact she had even managed to last against Monoma for so long was surprising enough on its own. Now that she was officially out of the bracket, she had a little time to enjoy herself. This was an experience that only happened once a year after all.

Was it wrong to be a little egotistical?

"You're looking pretty goofy there, vice rep," Shinso let out from her side, causing her cheeks to bloom a bright shade of pink as she immediately went to pinch her cheeks. He chuckled at the action, not holding back on his own pleasure. "If you don't wipe off the grin from your face, some of the other kids might think you're looking down on them."

"Does my face really look that stupid?" she muttered, looking a bit dejected. It only took a matter of seconds before someone in the class had thrown something over in the male's direction. With a glare, the purple-hair student ducked the unforeseen object and caught it in his hands. His eyes scanned their seating area before landing on one of the students, the student in question quickly diverting their attention and whistling in the other direction. "Ah." She blinked in surprise, noticing a small can of soda. "Where did that come from?"

"From your fan club over there," he grunted out, pointing in the other direction. The female turned her head to face her classmates, noticing that most of them had seated themselves directly behind her. She blinked at the sight, unsure as to how she should feel. "What are you guys even doing?"

"How dare you get so close to her and insult her in such a manner?!" a blonde student proclaimed, pointing an accusing finger toward the brainwashing student who simply raised a brow. Their hair was messily tied back into a side ponytail, a bright green bow bouncing as they moved around. A few of the other students nodded their heads in agreement, causing the h/c haired girl to sweatdrop. "Shinso-kun! Change seats! You don't deserve to be in her presence!"

"Yeah, yeah. Stop hogging her all to yourself and give her to us for a few seconds. We still haven't congratulated her on her last match," another student whined out, pushing their hands onto a chair and leaning forward with a lazy grin that held nothing but maliciousness. "I promise we won't do anything too bad~"

"L-Let's not fight with each other now! I'm sure Soma-san is still feeling tired from her last match and needs a moment to relax," Sakura, the only sane person in the entire class, exclaimed from where she was sitting. She rose from her seat, huffing as her eyes turned a bright shade of green. "And please stop trying to pick a fight with each other! We're supposed to be a class!" As she continued with her small speech about showing respect to one another, the vice representative felt an arm wrapping around her shoulders. She had no time to react as she was brought closer to her classmate, the male slowly turning his head to face the class before sticking out his tongue.

It was a full-blown riot. The class erupted with several shouts of complaint, the blonde girl nearly leaping out of her seat if it wasn't for another student holding her back and forcefully dragging her back into one of the chairs. Before Sakura could turn her head around to figure out what had caused them to have such a reaction, Shinso had already released the other girl and was lazily rubbing the back of his neck. "Nothing happened...?" the pink-braided girl let out, confused.