iii. ┃calm

Ever since her second encounter with All Might, Y/N found herself running into the hero quite frequently. Whether she be running errands or going out to explore, the hero always seemed to be right around the corner in an odd fashion. She had done her best to ignore him the first couple of times around, immediately backtracking the moment she had saw him, but he always seemed to somehow find her again in the end. At this point, her endeavors of escaping the hero were growing rather pointless, and much to her dismay, she had become used to his company.

He had kept true to his words when he offered to help her with her social problems, constantly dragging the girl to crowded areas so that they could talk. She had been reluctant in the beginning, not seeing the point in doing all these small things, but she had defiantly become used to him to an extent. It had been an extremely slow process undoubtedly, her wondering how the man had been able to keep up with her all this time, but against persistence that appeared to show no means to an end, her exterior stood no chance. He was pretty good company as well, helping her out with her grocery shopping a few times and never once getting annoyed at how distracted she was with the things going on around them. It seemed he had grown to understand the girl's habit, that even if she was looking somewhere else she would still be listening. It had helped their relationship quite a bit, the female glad to not have someone constantly breathing down her neck at all times.

She wasn't quite sure as to what lead to it, but she had at some point started sharing some of her meals with him after he showed an interest in wanting to hear how her cooking experience had been going. He was rather critical upon seeing the mess she had presented, a 'pasta salad' she had claimed, yet that hadn't stopped him from trying it. It appeared passable seeing as he didn't instantly begin throwing up everywhere. After that, he seemed to practically accept whatever abomination she brought that week with amusement, much to her apparent dismay.

He was obnoxious as always though, always seeming to forget how exactly normal people acted around each other whenever they were together. As hard as he tried to build up a relationship, he himself still lacked several social skills that she often had to remind him about. It was nothing too bad besides the way he spoke and how he thought about certain things, and somehow it made him much more humane to her that she had felt the previous tensity behind him decrease. That and the number of times she had caught him coughing behind her back. Still, some of his behaviors were still very strange to the female.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Thank you again for the meal Soma," Yagi said as he held the small green tupperware in his lap, the female simply nodding her head from beside him. He had stopped using the honorifics at some point, the girl having trouble meeting the same pace as he had. The man seemed rather understanding of her reluctance to drop it, however, though she could tell he wanted her to do so. She twirled a piece of hair as the blond placed the box down. "You're getting a lot better at cooking. It's a shame the appearance doesn't quite match the taste."

"As long as the taste is there, I could care less about the way it looks," she defended, a short chuckle rumbling out from him and causing her to sigh in disappointment. "I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong though. I followed the recipe almost perfectly and yet it always comes out the same way in the end."

"Perhaps you just didn't notice your mistake. It can be difficult to keep track of everything at once when you're still learning," he explained, attempting to comfort the girl. She only huffed out her cheeks. "I'm sure you'll get there someday. Just wait a little longer Soma."

"I suppose...Are you sure you're fine with it? I understand my preferences can be a bit borderline basic compared to other people but I am not one to easily be offended by opinions. Surely you must be taken aback a bit by the sight?" Her hand rubbed against her other arm as she frowned, feet tapping against the ground in a rhythmic motion. A short cough left her mouth as she opened it and closed in, her brows furrowing as she seemed to figure out what she wanted to say. "My apologies, I shouldn't have bombarded you like that. I should be grateful you enjoy how it tastes."