xxi. | significance

"Monoma, someone's here to visit you!"

"Eh?" His tone was drawled out as he looked back, a quirk of the brow. Kendo stood near the doorway, waving her hand with a slight smile. "Who in the world would be visiting me at this hour?"

"Someone actually wanting to see you? That's surprising," Awase let out quickly from his desk, a curious Tetsutetsu also looking at the commotion. Blue eyes glanced over him with a frown but said nothing more, quickly smoothing it back over with a smirk as he spread his arms outwards.

"Don't be upset! It was only a matter of time before someone realized just how great our class was," the blond laughed out. "Class 1-A can't keep the attention all to themselves, no matter how hard they may try!"

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works," the headband boy sweated out.

"This was a bad idea, wasn't it?" a feminine voice sighed out. Monoma froze on the spot, his head spinning to see a young h/c haired girl poking her head through the doorway with a frown. Her hand hung onto the doorway, her other arm holding onto something near her chest. Kendo was shaking her head from the side, having not moved from her spot. It seemed the class's attention had been dragged over to the unfamiliar student, a look of surprise falling over a few of the students. "Nevermind, I'll just text you later."

She turned her head, her hand lowering as she began to move but before she could take one step, the blond had already made his way over to her. He gripped her arm, dragging her easily back into the room with a large grin. "Soma! What a pleasant surprise! Whatever brings you over to this part of U.A? Have you suddenly realized what a terrible person Midoriya is?"

"Like you're any better," the girl huffed out. A frown etched her face, her left eye twitching in displeasure as she attempted to break her arm free from his grasp but was unable to. With a sigh, her body dropped with resignation. E/c eyes looked off to the side, humming. "I wanted to give you something but if you're too busy, I can just come back another time."

"Oh?" He blinked, his hand releasing slightly. His smile had fallen, a look of stunned silence passing through.

"Um," her voice started, brows furrowing. "I wanted to say thank you for visiting me at the hospital last time even though you didn't have to. I know I wasn't in the best condition and haven't exactly been the best lately so to make it up to you, I decided to get you something." She coughed a bit, her cheeks brimming a bright shade. "Midoriya said that people like it when you make them something personal so I tried to make you a bento but..." E/c eyes grew dark in a matter of seconds, lips turning straight. "It didn't turn out right."

"You made this for me?" he asked slowly, still blinking. Periwinkle eyes had moved down by now to stare at the wrapped piece of cloth that remained hidden behind her arm, unreacted. The h/c haired girl nodded her head in return, frowning.

"I understand if you would prefer eating something from the cafeteria but I couldn't help myself from making it," Y/N admitted softly. "I'm not really the best with cooking so you'll have to excuse the appearance but the taste should be fine. Of course, you don't have to eat it. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind if you decided to throw it away or something-"

"Huh? You made a meal, just for me?" He looked down at her, his eyes closing brightly. His body leaned a little closer to her face, hands neatly folding around the box and removing it from her grasp. "Don't tell me, have you finally fallen for my charms?"

"I'd rather die," the girl said blankly. She didn't show any resistance when the boy took the box, only giving an appreciating gaze. "And to be fair, I didn't just make a meal for you. I also made one for Midoriya and Hatsume-chan, they just got theirs earlier."