xxxiii. | economics

"Until your next match, I don't want to see you moving from that spot no matter what. Do I make myself clear?"

Recovery Girl let out a deep huff, tuffs of air springing forth from her as she looked dissapointedly at the student currently seated in the white bed. "You should know better than to aggravate your injuries any further. Your arm might be fully healed but you better not forget you were only released from the hospital a few weeks ago. This is the second time you've pushed yourself too hard."

"Apologies, Recovery Girl. It won't happen again," Y/N laughed out nervously, providing an apologetic smile towards the older hero. As soon as she was out of sight, apparently needing to check on something, Y/N sighed and allowed her shoulders to droop. Her head fell back on the pillow behind her with a soft thud, causing some discomfort in her neck but not enough that it was completely unbearable. The previously injured arm that now looked perfectly brand new was slowly lifted into the air, the female forming a fist with her hand and slowly turning it around to gain a better look at it. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary stood out to her as she stared at it.

When Hatsume had brought her to the nurse's office, Recovery Girl had almost raised hell itself as she began to lecture the young girl on how bad her habits were. It seemed the nurse had been keeping a close eye on her during the sports festival and was none the one pleased when she saw said student using her own body to block several attacks from her teammates, not once taking the time to consider whether or not it would cause her previous injuries to come back or anything. But the main issue seemed to be the fact that Y/N had not once considered going to the nurse's office, especially after passing out after the second round. To say the least, the older woman was quite livid and quickly confined the female to a bed, lest she somehow manages to hurt herself even more before her next fight which she was already strongly against. Y/N had done little to fight against the woman but unfortunately, Hatsume decided to be a good friend and play devil's advocate, somehow convincing Recovery Girl not to waltz over to Midnight and personally request the girl's removal. The support student had looked quite proud of herself after everything and the general student, unable to deny her friend her request, defeatedly accepted that she wasn't getting out of this bracket anytime soon.

Needless to say though, it didn't mean she didn't feel bored as she waited for her next match.

Forcing her body to move, she shifted onto her side and looked down at the floor, a glance of indifference.

Hatsume had tried to stay with her, the girl practically clinging to her side all the way to the nurse's office, but was soon called by her teacher to talk about something. And it wasn't like she could talk to anyone else right now either. The rest of her friend group was currently busy with their own fights, meaning she was pretty much confined to that room without any source of human contact for the next hour probably. At least, she could only guess it would be roughly an hour. Who knew how long the next matches would take considering she wasn't exactly much of an expert on things like that. Sure, she had seen the show before and that sort of gave her a rough estimate on things, but it wasn't like she knew on point how long each fight was going to take. The sports festival in this world was clearly different from the one she knew so how would she be able to correctly gander how the matches would go? Hell, Sero might be able to beat Todoroki this time around.

...

Okay, so that probably wasn't going to happen.

"Ah, pardon the intrusion."

Y/N scrambled up from her spot and back into a sitting position before the person behind the door could come through, watching with divided attention as it opened and revealed the skeletal man she had become familiar with after all this time. She blinked at him a few times as he noticed her and gave a small smile, waving a bit. Not knowing how else to respond, she waved back and continued watching as he came closer to the bed she was sitting on and sat across from it. "I see Recovery Girl confined you then," he chuckled out. "That's a shame. I'm sure your friends would have loved to see you cheering them on."