xxxvii. | disaster

The crowd roared with volume as fire burst from the sides of the raised platform, illuminating the two students standing on it. A h/c hair girl stood at one end, her arms crossed over her chest with several support items hanging from her body. The grappling hook she had used from before remained seated on her arm along with the pole at her waist, the object retracted. E/c eyes glared at her opponent, standing opposite to her and carrying far more placidity than she appreciated. Her tongue clicked as the screen switched over to show their faces, Present Mic's shouting meeting her ears.

"The first match of the second round!" he announced loudly, spit coming forth as he spoke. "At this year's sports festival, both have shown top-class performances! Soma!"

Even if he came at her with ice, she wasn't going to give him the chance to succeed. Her head lowered, eyes narrowing lowly. She had made it this far and she wasn't about to back down because some teenager with daddy issues told her to do so. It was far too late to back down on her promises from before, the words clambering around her head. After her entire spiel, she had no doubt in her mind that Todoroki was going to do whatever it took to ensure his win. A mental apology was made to her previous plans, her makeshift plan of getting out now going down the drain. There was no way she could let him win, not after he had spoken about Hatsume in such a way. She doubted there was going to be much she could do to beat him but that didn't mean she wouldn't at least give it her hardest effort. It didn't matter if she won or not, she just needed to make this as much of a waste of his efforts as he thought she was.

To prove to him that she didn't need some broken-ass quirk to make a statement.

"Versus--" Present Mic continued, the camera panning over. His eyes glared at her, lips turning down a little in consideration. "--Todoroki! He might have been at the top of his game all day but Soma has been slowly climbing up the ranks! Now--"

The duo-colored hair boy took a step forward, the female instantly taking a step back as she reached for the bracelet around her wrist and clasped it. Focus. She needed to focus. The moment she stopped focusing was the moment he gained the upper hand. Todoroki might have been strong but she knew everything about his fighting technique and quirk. It was just a matter of utilizing it in the right manner.

"Start!"

The surrounding seem to dampen with the mood, a dark expression passing through the male's face as he took a slow step forward. He muttered out something she couldn't make out before a large stream of ice moved down from his right leg, speeding toward the girl at a terrifying rate. It grew larger and larger the closer it grew to her, much to her own dismay.

She grimaced as she moved herself, her feet leaving the ground as she jumped. Her eyes closed as she slammed her hand down on the bracelet and quickly brought out the pole, throwing it as a breath of ice encroached on the soles of her feet. In a matter of seconds, she was airborne as a string shot out. her body twisted and turned in the air, wrapped around string and catapulting herself high above the mountain of ice that had encased the area she had previously been in. A gasp escaped from her mouth as she opened her eyes, her body flipping over to see just how much damage the male had caused. Her hair slapped against her face, hands fumbling around to grab the pole from falling too far from her proximity. She yanked it out of the air as her body fell closer to the ground, using her feet to cushion her landing. It was harsh, sending her into a slight tumble as she rolled over the ice into a slide, now finding her present problem being stopping. She jabbed the pole into the ice with a grimace, using it to hold herself. Everything she had done seemed so unholy and unrealistic and yet somehow, it had worked in her favor.

Present Mic seemed stunned for a second that Todoroki had attempted the same move as he had done before with Sero before breaking out into a shout, causing the female to curse as his words stung her ears and caused her to stumble. A yelp escaped her as she went down fast, sliding toward the ground. "Soma went flying over Todoroki's ice!" he cried out. Todoroki's face shot toward her incoming body, barely able to react as she pushed herself into the air. Bringing her legs into herself, both of her feet went directly into his chest, causing the two of them to go falling over. They rolled for a few seconds before she broke it, barely avoiding his hand as he attempted to use his quirk against her. Landing a few feet away from him, she forced herself to stand up and shook off the dizzying aftereffects of her actions. Todoroki in a similar fashion had gotten back up albeit much slower. His breath was visible as small specks of ice streamed down his right side. She sweatdropped as she looked at him.