xv.┃philosophy

Y/N was finally released from the nurse's office after Recovery Girl made sure she had no visible injuries still on her. She had mainly just sat around doing nothing for the entire hour, not feeling enough energy in herself to actually check her phone which she would most likely need to do for tomorrow in order to figure out what exactly Hatsume had given her. Somewhere between that time, Midoriya and Monoma had paid her a visit. She appreciated their company and their worries, despite how short it was. Monoma mainly carried the conversation, the other boy appearing to be worried about something and casting glances back at the door several times. She didn't pry, however, not wanting to take up too much of his time.

"Thank you so much for checking over me again and I apologize for the trouble I caused earlier," Y/N let out with a simple bow, earning a smile from the old woman who stood in front of her.

"It's no trouble at all. You're much easier to handle than your friend," she said, seeming to become a little exasperated at the mention of her green-haired companion. The teenager could only manage a sympathetic smile, knowing full well it wasn't the last she was going to see of the hero student. "Just make sure you get enough rest now. The last thing you should be doing is focusing on your schoolwork."

"I'll do my best to keep to that."

She really wouldn't.

"Are you ready to go now Soma-san?"

The h/c haired girl turned her head towards the door, giving a neutral expression towards her homeroom teacher as she did so. He stood in the frame, a few papers tucked underneath his arm. "Thank you again for watching her, Recovery Girl. I know how...unexpected it must have been to have that dumped onto you."

"I've dealt with worse things than your student, Snipe," the woman sighed, frowning. She pushed a few candies into the younger one's hands, shooing her off quickly to the exit as soon as she did so. "I'm guessing you've all finished your little meeting then?"

"Ah, yes." The man awkwardly moved from the frame, becoming a bit softer in tone as soon as the question was posed. Y/N raised a brow. "After speaking with Nezu, we've come to the agreement that Soma-san will be placed into one of the open dorm rooms for the night until we have everything figured out." He looked back at her, laughing a bit. "Of course, we've also contacted your parents (oh, so now they actually make an appearance) and explained the situation to them. They also agreed it would be the best choice."

"So I'm stuck here for the whole night," the girl deadpanned. Snipe laughed again, although it was much more genuine.

"I did my best to get what you wanted but you'll have to deal with it."

"It's not your fault. Although I might not enjoy the idea, I do understand why they would agree to such a thing." The girl wasn't about to start fighting their decision, especially not after everything she had been put through today. If anything, she just really wanted to take one giant nap and sleep off the events of today. Meeting Shigaraki had placed far too much stress on her already half-functioning mind. All she wanted to do now was forget about her problems for a day and take a well-deserved goddamn break.

"I'm afraid you'll have to deal with a little bit more before things will finally go back to normal."

E/c eyes blinked. "Pardon?" she let out, her head tilting to the side slightly. Snipe's earlier awkwardness came back once more, the man sighing as his head turned to the side a bit. He hesitated for a few seconds, appearing to be inwardly going over something before he finally spoke.

"Since we'll be running a security check around the school to make sure nothing else was stolen, so be staying with another class tomorrow," he explained briefly. "Since you were in direct contact with them, Nezu thought it would be a good idea to keep you near one of the heroes tomorrow for reassurance. We still don't know if the villains are able to bypass our systems just yet."