xliii. | outcome

The finals.

She almost couldn't believe they were finally almost finished, time seeming to fly by when she wasn't participating in the tournament and waiting to get her head blown off at any given moment. From dealing with the aftermath of beating one of the top students from the hero course and her confrontation with Iida, she was getting a bit overwhelmed by everything. It seemed the moment U.A had decided to hold the sports festival, the world had decided to release the floodgates on the amount of content overflow that was going to take place. But for what it was worth, there should be a small break after today where she would be able to relax. Now that she had a little more information on the situation with Soma, she just had to figure out what exactly to do with it. If what Iida had said was correct, then she should start looking into information pertaining to the villain she had run into when she had first got there.

There was no doubt in her mind Soma would have had to store away information pertaining to the villain somewhere, she just needed to know where. Soma Masami had not been there by coincident, meaning she must have done at least some research relating to the villain. Although she might have gained access to the girl's vigilante blog, she still couldn't access some of the things that were on her phone. Half of the chats had been disabled, only producing glitchy images and jumbled words she couldn't even begin to decipher. The names of the previous girl's contacts were of little help either, only listing the phone numbers and blanked out messages. The photo gallery had been slightly more usable before it had promptly kicked her out of the app. But even then, most of the images had been blurry beyond recognition. Through bits and pieces, the only real thing she could make out was a person wearing a trench coat. Based off of what she had been able to gain, there was an obvious correlation with the information that was available and her actions; the vigilante blog had only been unlocked after her conversation with All Might after all. It was probably her only best and only option at the moment if she was being honest with herself. Looking around for quirks pertaining to dimension traveling seemed to be nonexistent and even with All Might's help, she doubted it would bring anything new to the table. But it would require her to spend the majority of her free time guessing words blindly without any form of lead. She needed more than just a name to get information. Perhaps she should ask Iida about the article he had found later on?

That guy. Her shoulders drooped as she frowned, pushing her hand under her chin. Shinso had spared her a glance, raising an assuming brow, but made no attempts to drag her attention away from the battle currently going on from down below. Just why in the world did he haven to be so stubborn? She understood that Iida wanted to take revenge for his brother but did he really think attacking the hero killer head on was a good idea? Coming down to things, Stain had experience. Stendhal, his vigilante name after he had decidedly left the dreams of being a hero. In a search for content, she had directly lined herself with the spin-off series Vigilantes, a story which focused on a set of illegal heroes and set some time before the main story. It seemed Soma hadn't been completely ignorant to the group either, considering she had mentioned one of them in the blog post she had found. But going back to things, Stain wasn't someone a person could just mess with.

He hadn't been someone who had just killed heroes. He had killed several villains as well. All was done in the name of his own personal sense of justice. She couldn't say she exactly disagreed with him. Having lived in this world for almost a year now and bearing witness to the things that happened around her every single day, she had come to an understanding that not everything was exactly as perfect as it may have appeared. There was an obvious priority for fame when it came to certain heroes, one that left many without any form of help at times. The place where Suzuki had been living was nothing short of a dump with thugs running rampant anytime she decided to visit. She was lucky if she managed to make it a day there without running into some needless danger. The real problems went on ignored in favor of the more palatable. Money played a huge factor when it came down to things. It spoke large to people's greed, enticing them with the prospect of glory that would never come to be. They were inherently selfish with nothing to stop them from doing as they pleased other than a few laws here and there prohibiting the most obvious. It wouldn't be wrong if she were to agree with Stain on his views of hero society. Yet killing people seemed a bit too extreme for her own tastes. Was it really reforming society if one person was trying to play god?