xiii.┃possession

"Morning..."

"You sound exhausted," Shinso noted with a raised brow as the female sat herself down at her desk, running a hand through her hair. "Doesn't seem like anybody is with you today. After yesterday, I thought your friend would have been more cautious about you 'talking' to other people."

"My apologies for that," she winced, shaking her head. After the whole lunch situation, Shinso had been relatively quiet upon her return to class, not even mentioning the fact she had gotten dragged off even once. She had thought he was fine with it, seeing how they had only met that day and she could always eat with him some other time, but apparently, she guessed wrong. "Monoma-san is a good person deep down but usually... has his moments so you'll have to forgive him. If I had known he wanted to eat lunch together, I would have waited for him and not confirmed with you so easily."

"Sounds more complicated than it's worth," he let out. A statement she couldn't agree with more. "I'm guessing he wasn't the one you were talking about yesterday? If he is, you got some weird definition of nervous."

"Oh, gods no. Monoma-san is just another person I happen to know," she waved off quickly. "Although, I'm still surprised he remembered Midoriya-san had even asked me...I would have expected him to want to eat with some of his classmates since he's been bragging about being in the hero course for so long."

"Another hero course student?" His brows furrowed, a contemplative stare directed towards her coming forth. "Kind of a strange coincidence that both of your friends are in the hero course, don't you think?"

"What do you mean by that?" The female looked over at him curiously, the boy not once losing his stare. If anything, it only seemed to narrow more.

"You don't think so? You've been going on about how good your friend is but it doesn't really seem like they want you to get along with your classmates. The guy you mentioned practically dragged you away during lunch without even asking you if you wanted to leave yet. The lunch thing just seemed like some excuse to get you to stop talking to me." He paused. "Plus, he was watching us the entire time yesterday."

"He- Wait what?" Y/N's brows scrunched, her body having stopped moving. "What do you mean he was watching us the entire time?"

When had Monoma been in the cafeteria? To her knowledge, the blonde had been nowhere near the cafeteria by the time she and Shinso had arrived. No matter where she looked, she had seen no signs of the blond nor any of her friends from her usual friend group. She had done it to make sure nobody would suddenly surprise attack her out of the blue so to hear that he had been watching from afar by her classmate only afterward was the least bit surprising. Even the way Monoma had talked after so rudely interrupting her lunch hadn't implied anything of the fact, only mentioning how he had left his classmates to come find her once he realized she wasn't going to text him.

Had Monoma lied to her?

"I mean he was watching us from his table the entire time," Shinso explained. He shrugged, his face turning away as he rubbed the back of his neck. "He was sitting with another group of people but started watching us whenever we passed him. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to assume but he basically dragged you off in the next moment. I think that's proof enough he was trying to get you to stop talking to me."

"He's not the type of person to do that," Y/N interjected. Her lips turned into a tight frown. "I'm sure he had his own reasons for interrupting us yesterday. It's just..."

"Just?"

Anyway, you're thinking into this way too much," the h/c haired girl stated swiftly. "Whatever reason he had for dragging me off yesterday, I'm sure he didn't have any sort of malicious intent."