xli. | scene

"--!"

It was blurry.

Her throat burned harshly as she turned over, heaving. It was clear and undignified as she choked on her own breath, feeling the sensation of bile rising up her throat and drowning her in its arrival. It spread throughout her body, stinging her sight as tears took shape within the crevice of her eyes. The taste of nothing yet something entirely disgusting, an entirely separate entity that wished nothing more than to escape its confines clawing at her throat until finally, it met her cold lips. She could only sob as it forced its way out, taking away her breath and voice in its wake. The feeling of something clenching within her stomach as she tilted over, nearly falling to the ground if it wasn't for the solid object that had been placed against her side.

She could feel her body shaking as she struggled to make out what was around her, only able to stare into nothing. The room had become tilted within those few seconds, memories barely recalling what things had looked like originally. Her hair entangled the sides of her face, strands of dull h/c hair sticking like leeches to a host. She could just barely feel the way her chest rose up and down, choosing to focus on that feeling rather than the shouting that threatened to strangle her ears.

Where was she?

"-there? Please say something!"

Her chest felt constricted with the mismatched feelings she couldn't describe, an unburning blaze alighting within her very core. It felt as if it would consume her entirely, her eyes widening as another cough erupted from her throat. The bile that rose from her stomach paled in comparison to the wretched nature of these festering thoughts, a need to accomplish something that was unknown to her. Her head threatened to burst as she turned over again, hands immediately going to cover her ears. It hurt to think, it hurt to speak. Her throat constricted with unwanted words that dug into her very core, thrashing against their confines and lighting for a release.

"-doing there? Go-- now!"

It felt so entirely negative. The pain that reared its ugly head in her direction, chaining down all her other emotions. Unknowing to the world were the thoughts that clawed the back of her head, fingers etching into her very existence. There was little point in unnecessary suffering and still, she found herself remaining prisoner to these newfound sensations. It was nasty as it looked through the world through her eyes, controlling her every movement. And all she could see was nothing more than pure, unbridled hatred. She hated them, she hated them, hate, hate, hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate-

"-Soma-chan." Her head lolled as he dragged her into a sitting position, the female suddenly finding herself seated across from the blue-haired male. His glasses, usually placed just perfectly upon his face as if it was a practiced thing to hide his face. His glasses, which looked so strange now skewed on the tip of his nose with panic in his eyes. His hands clenched down on the sides of her shoulders, firmly. All her sensations seemed to hone in on him within that instant, refocusing all her feelings.

"...Iida-san," her voice, barely above a whisper. The feeling of support left her momentarily, the look of surprise flashing over his eyes, before it was quickly hardened over as he returned to his previous firmness. A cough left her throat as she closed her eyes, barely able to suppress the hiss that left her teeth. He was patient with her, although she had to wonder if it was because he was truly doing it out of the kindness of his own heart or through his own pity. "Unhand me this instant."

Why did she say that? It seemed her confusion would be met with no answers as she remained motionless, her body moving without her consent. E/c eyes could only watch as he grew conflicted, his inner turmoils loud despite the silence. He eventually relented, slowly lowering his hands, but the concern in his eyes was evident. "Just...what happened in here?" he begged to question, his gaze uneasily moving to the side. Her eyes followed his, the sight of water causing her to become queasy. Her hands instinctively went to cover her mouth as she turned the other cheek, dragging his attention away from the toilet stall to pat her gently on the back. She coughed, drops of water pouring out along with the last of her remaining voice. Untrue to its appearance, it was entirely sour. "You need help."