xxxv. | agreement

"Kiss!"

"That should do it." Recovery Girl wrapped the bandages securely around Midoriya's hand, the green-haired student allow the yellow gloves to run over his scars. Two bandages wrapped the newly colored purple fingers he had broken in order to get free of Shinso's quirk while another wrapped around the center palm of his hand. He frowned down at it, his other hand itching to move from its position on his leg.

"In the match with Shinso-kun..." he admitted slowly, his voice taken on a lower octave. The nurse and his mentor looked down at him, considering. The seat he sat in felt oddly visible to the naked eye, despite the curtains that were pulled out from beside him in order to provide them with a little more privacy. However, just to be safe, All Might had adopted his civilian form. Midoriya could only question what business the man had in the nurse's office before he remembered the other person sitting across the room, one that had caused their conversation to take on a more hushed tone. Recovery Girl had reassured him that the general studies student had left the room a few minutes ago to use the bathroom but his worries were still present in the forefront of his mind. "I couldn't smile at all."

The blond let out a noise in understanding, a hand going to the back of his neck. Sunken in eyes looked down at the ground as his hand gripped the corner of the table. "Well, his cries hit close to home for you, huh?" he finally decided on, a lace of sympathy in his voice. The time when he was still quirkless was left unsaid between the two. Midoriya's brows furrowed, thoughts becoming troubled in conflict.

"But that didn't mean that I could lose." He looked back up. "That's what it means to aim for number one, right? I already promised someone I would make it into the next round."

"Poor thing," Recovery Girl sighed out as she leaned back into her chair, closing her eyes in disappointment. She quickly redirected her feelings toward the other man, making a fist with her hand. "You put some weird pressure on him again, didn't you?" Reeling her arm into herself, she pushed it out with all the force she could muster and hit the man in the stomach, her chair swirling around in the motion. He put his arms up upon impact, Midoriya sending the man a worried look as he began rubbing his stomach and defending himself from the nurse.

"Oh, yeah, All Might." As the man was recovering, the boy began speaking again. "I had a vision..." A certain air of nervousness entered him as his mentor looked back up, the boy doing his best to explain himself. "There were eight of nine people...I'm not sure exactly how many...But when it felt like my mind was filled with fog from the brainwashing, the vision appeared, as if to drive away the fog. It was like I was barely able to move just my fingertips for a moment..." Yellow eyes were vivid in his eyes, ominously looking back at him. But one, in particular, had stood out to him, amidst the group. His body had been hard to make it but the figure was unmistakable. "There was someone with eyes like you, too, All Might. Was it...the people who had inherited One For All who did it?"

"Scary...What the heck?" The man was shaking as he took in the words of the younger boy, several beads of sweat dripping down his face.

"What? I thought you'd know something about it!" Midoriya retaliated in shock.

"No, I also saw it before, in my younger days," the man explained shortly after. He crossed his arms against one another as Recovery Girl turned her chair around, leaving them to their conversation. "It's a clear sign that you've got a better grasp on One For All."

"What does that mean?"

"I think it's like a trace of something they left behind in One For All. It's not something with intent that can interfere with you, and you can't interfere with them. In other words, that vision isn't what got rid of the brainwashing. It was that when you saw the vision, your strong emotions allowed you to overcome Shinso-shounen's brainwashing for just long enough to move your fingertips, I think."