xxvii. | assistance

The time leading up to the Sports Festival went by quickly.

"That damn woman. Why can't she go and ask someone else to do her chores for once? It's not like I don't have a life or anything..." Y/N grumbled out with a scowl, kicking up the box she was currently holding back up securely into her arms upon noticing it was slightly slipping. She shook her head with a sigh, e/c eyes giving a single glance down to the cat that was hanging near her foot. It yawned uninterestedly, giving her a quick nuzzle in appreciation before scampering between the front gate of a house. Her stare lingered, watching as it became lost in a jungle of plants, before shaking her head with a sigh once more. Mustering up her strength once more, she used the side of her body to push against the metal bars. It swung with a creek under the pressure of her weight, allowing her just enough room to slip through.

Despite her reluctance to participate in the festival herself, Y/N didn't find herself short of things to do. Mei had started asking for her to come down to the support classroom during lunch sometimes and her training with Shinso was going as well as it could. Her little quirk advice and training regiments had seemingly been well-accepted by both the hero classes according to what she had heard from both Midoriya and Monoma. The girls in class A seemed particularly keen on keeping in contact with her, forcing her into a group chat with them which quickly had become some sort of family. For unknown reasons, she had unwillingly become a mom friend according to Ashido. She had tried to push it onto Momo but the alien girl alongside the invisible girl had been persistent in saying the black-haired vice representative was "more like a sister than anything". What utter bullshit. They discussed mostly mundane things there, mostly just talking about something interesting they had found or some gossip they apparently knew about. She still didn't know what to think about them, her thoughts on the class still confusing as all hell. While she was glad they had all gotten over her outburst she still couldn't help but feel like it had all been resolved far too quickly for her own taste.

She wasn't one to drag on about topics for too much. She knew that wondering about something for too long wasn't going to do much to help her situation nor was it going to truly change anything. The things she had said back at the hospital to Aizawa, Midoriya, and Hatsume were things she absolutely regretted. She didn't want them to feel at blame for her actions at USJ and the party; everything she had done had been all of her own free choice, even if she might not have been thinking clearly. Even though the boy had been pushing her, she knew it was her fault for attacking Midoriya at the party and lashing out like that (be the bigger person as they say). She regretted not having a better hold of her emotions at that time but thankfully, Midoriya was kind enough to still stay by her side.

But as of recently, it felt as if the only thing she could do was remise about the past. She wasn't making any progress on finding ways home nor was she making any sort of progress on learning more about Soma Masami. The only things she had managed to do so far were almost fuck up the universe and gain unwanted attention from every damn person next to her. The world might have been calm right now but she knew sooner or later, something was going to happen. She knew she would need to change up her tactics as soon as the sports festival was over but how? She was just some high school kid right now. How was she supposed to figure out all this stuff on her own? It wasn't like she could just ask anyone for help. She was barely keeping her image intact right now. The moment she stopped acting like Soma Masami, someone was going to catch on.

If people knew she wasn't the person she was claiming to be, how would they react? Iida was definitely going to feel something considering that he knew Soma before going to U.A. And then there was her family she had never met. Surely they were going to realize something was wrong since they've lived with the girl almost their entire life. As much as she didn't want to be a pessimist, the things she couldn't control threatened to ruin her life at any moment. She needed to be more careful; she had already let enough unnecessary information slip out already.