Chapter-19

After reaching my room, I sat Silently in my bed trying to process this newly gained information.

Deep down I had a lot of questions to ask him the person who is called my dad, I wanted to unleash my anger upon him.

I want to know, why he did this to me?

Did he ever love me?

My heart was racing so fast, My dad died and I didn't knew about it till this moment, It should be in newspaper but why didn't I saw any news about his death.

He died a year ago that's when I was there, one of the darkest time in my life, from where I desperately tried to escape and is still Fighting so hard in vain to bury all those horrors deep inside me.

But looks like, I will be scared with those darkness forever.

I won't to able to get past my Darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Xander p.o.v)

I can't believe the nerve of them, They came to our house and tried to insult our little sister infront of us, Even thinking about it made my blood boil.

I will deal with Edward later for agreeing their proposal for dinner.

What was he thinking?

That bitch Renee was trying to catch Victor's attention for years, eventhough he don't even give her a thought.

Callie is everything to them, she's our little princess.

I had begged to my mother that night, I barged into her room after I got to know that Callie was going to leave with her the next day.

I pleaded with her not to take Callie away from us. I know she can't leave without Victor, he practically raised her. I told her that I will go with her if she wanted to take someone.

At first she didn't even bothered to look at me, then she told me that it's for Callie's safety and then snapped that even she didn't want this to happen.

My dad choose the exact moment to come, He started to shout at me to stop and before I could speak any further he was dragging me to my room and locked me inside.

I begged, pleaded desperately, I cried the whole night for someone to open the door until passing out. When my room was finally opened, I rushed to Callie's room but she wasn't there.

I screamed her name, shouted at everyone for allowing to take her away.

I didn't even talk to my dad for months, our relationship never improved after that.

It only got worse.

I was filled with relief and happiness the day Victor told us that he found Callie's location. We have been searching for her for almost 2 and half years after she ran away from home.

I had expected Callie to be angry at us, we deserved it, But what unfolded was unexpected.

Callie, their Lia, even refused to acknowledge her own name. We soon realised that the anger she held within her is much more deeper and worse.

We still don't know the exact reason why Callie ran away from home, where did she go?, What happened to her those years is still a mystery to us.

The moment Victor asked her about this during our first dinner she looked so tense and her eyes showed fear.

That's when we decided not to ask her anything about this until she is ready to tell us.

But I couldn't help feel more anxious and worry for her, as time passed we realised that the secrets she held within her is much more serious.

It was my decision to ask Diego to teach her self defense, but that day she unknowingly revealed one of her secret.

I didn't slept that night, I am sure no one did.

My mind was filled with one thought.

What happened to her?

What did their baby sister had to go through?

We didn't meant to hide the news of dad's death from her, we were going to tell her soon.

I told everyone to tell her immediately, I didn't want her to learn about this from an outsider and The exact thing happened.

I went towards Callie's room and sat outside the room, I could hear her pacing inside the room.

My heart broke more painfully as minutes passed, Callie was putting a brave blank mask, she didn't let her emotions out, she didn't allow herself to show her weakness infront of anyone But I know she is shattered from inside.

Even after a hour or two I could hear noise of footsteps.

She wasn't asleep.

I waited outside till she slept before going inside her room.

To watch her sleep and give a good night kiss.

Like always.