Chapter-23

Damien p.o.v

I don't know what to do? How to react?

Callie just stormed to her room, Her whole body shaking with anger, eyes filled with tears which she didn't let fall down infront of us.

As seconds passed pain in my heart increased, her words pierced my heart like thousands of sharp needles. It's not like I didn't expected her to be angry with us. Of course she have the right to be angry with us, It would be a surprise if she wasn't.

After she arrived, we noticed that she was unusually silent half of the time, her face a black mask giving nothing away just like Victor's.

I know that eventhough Callie hate dad and never wanted to see him again, deep inside she never want him to be hurt.

We know News of dad's death will be a shock to her even though she would never admit it. So we decided to keep the news about dad from her until she calm down a bit.

I wish I could take away her pain , I wish I could tell her how much we love her, how much we missed her. We were literally in a living hell those 2 and half years, not knowing where she was?, what happened to her?, How's she doing?

I wanted to scream at my parents for taking her away from us, even if it was for her own safety.

On the day she arrived we got the clear indication that she's not ready to tell us what happened to her those years, There was a panic and fear clear in her eyes eventhough she quickly tried to hide it.

I made others promise that they won't ask or mention about this infront of her again.

Edward and I took her outside next day to calm her down. She started to talk to us but she was very careful about every word she uttered making sure not to give away anything about her past life.

I had chills running through my spine, when I watched her fighting with Diego on ring. She carried herself in such a way that it was only possible for someone who is very well trained in fighting and is very advanced.

She didn't meant to reveal her fighting skill but it invoked something else on her. She looked deeply disturbed after that, as if it held something painful and awful memories to her.

At school I didn't even want to let Callie out of our sight. I wanted to break every bone in that jerks body even for thinking about touching our sister. We would have if Callie hadn't stopped us, she held our hands firmly before we could smash his face. At that moment something flashed in her face for a second before it went back to blank mask.

Fear

Callie is oblivious of the attention she is getting everywhere while trying to ignore others. Even that idiot Alex was staring at her during the whole dinner, that too infront of us.

When those Greywire was trying to mock her she put them back in their places without any effort.

After Callie left, Xander stormed into his room looking furious, Victor and Diego went to study room without a word, surely they are up to something.

Earlier we didn't had any idea about where to look for answers, but now I am pretty sure that Victor might have got some clue from Callie without her knowledge.

We all four know that it's only Victor who can read Callie like a sheet of paper eventhough she tried her best to hide them.

He surely must have got something, there was a dark look on his face before he went to study room, closely followed by Diego who must have sensed something.

Maybe, we will get our answers soon.

Edward sat in the chair, his head bowed down seemingly lost in some thoughts.

I Silently walked towards Callie's room, as expected she locked herself in. I could clearly hear her sobbing, eventhough she projected a strong image outside I know she is shattered from inside.

I just wish that she will tell us her feelings voluntarily, something is clearly wrong.

I don't know what happened to her before but I know one thing for pretty sure that her brothers are with her now and we won't allow anyone to harm her.

I will never allow anything to take her away from us again. We will protect her from everything, we won't fail her like before.

If we find out that anyone dared to harm her, we will make them pay.

Pay dearly with their life.