Chapter-43

"where did you go?" Diego asked a bit harshly.

"I...I was looking at the paintings and got lost" Callie came up with a response, which sounded foolish to her own ears.

'Still a dumb reply, but better than last time' her inner self mocked.

Callie wanted to hit her on head if possible.

"What happened to your neck" Diego asked following Damien's stare, as he eyed the cut carefully.

"Umm, that , I don't really remember, I must have hit somewhere or got scratched" Callie cursed herself internally.

Why can't my stupid brain come up with something reasonable just for once.

If she get Nicholas on her hand right now, she wouldn't spare him.

She was dumbstruck, when Diego didn't asked her anything and told her they need to leave immediately.

Well she expected a lot more questioning, she never in her life expected him to take her bullshit.

So she didn't wanted to give him time to think, so she immediately walked outside, followed by Damien and Diego.

Callie was now standing at the entrance of the gallery surrounded by few guards, Damien and Diego were talking to Mr and Mrs Greywire , who came out of nowhere started to talk with them, she they standing a bit far from her.

Well she wasn't complaining, as she will get more time to come up with something sensible.

That's when Renee came towards her, she was looking nervous as well as a Tensed.

Callie just rose a eyebrow at her, as if questioning 'What do you want now?'

She isn't in a mood to deal with Renee right now.

"I saw it" Renee whispered so only Callie could hear.

"I saw you speaking with a man and he trying to kill you, who's that?" Renee asked, glancing at the guards making sure no one is hearing.

For a moment Callie tensed, but she was sure that there's no chance Renee must have heard what they were speaking. She must have followed her and saw her talking with Nicholas and his little stunt.

"Are you trying to threatening me?" Callie asked with a slight amusement laced in her voice.

"What if I am, what if I tell your brothers what I saw, that cut on your neck would be proof enough, surely they wouldn't dismiss my explanation like that! Would they?" Renee asked with a smirk.

Sadly, she should have gone directly to her brothers, now there's no way out for her.

Soon Renee's smirk turned into panic, the next moment Callie quickly pulled her closer and whispered darkly.

"You wouldn't, if you even dare to think about opening that mouth of yours, I wouldn't even dare to think before putting this knife into your neck next time"

That's when Renee realised what Callie was speaking.

Callie was pointing a knife to her stomach and Renee watched with horror how Callie's eye turned from light grey to dark in an instant.

"Y-You w-wouldn't" Renee stuttered in fear, because at that moment Callie didn't looked like she was joking.

"Of course I will" Callie spoke with a chuckle as she pressed the knife to her stomach, Renee could feel the sharp edge of the knife, she is pretty sure that it must have even drawn a bit blood and a small cut for sure.