🌊 8 🌊

Taehyung's POV

It's been around half hour since Jisoo got off the raft and pushing it. It has also been around half hour since i laid down on my back, staring at the sky. No one spoke, only the sound of the waters are heard.

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"I don't know, just look at the moon." Jisoo shrugged while still pushing the raft with all her might.

"And?"

"Can't you read the time from it?"

"No."

"But we just learnt about it like a few days ago at school!"

"My parents once told me to forget about the things that has passed." I said.

"You know that's not what they meant." Jisoo sighed.

"Just answer the damn question."

"Where's the east?" Jisoo questioned.

"You haven't even answer my question and you're already–"

"Just answer the damn question." Jisoo repeated what i told her earlier, complete with an annoying smirk on her face.

I muttered some curses before answering, "i saw the moon rose from over there." I pointed the direction i meant.

"Well, if the moon is one-quarter across the sky from where it rose, that means it's three hours after sunset."

"It's around three-quarters across the sky from where it rose." I looked at the moon and told her.

"So?"

"So?" I turned to look at her, raising one of my eyebrow.

"You can count, can't you?!" Jisoo raised her voice.

"Fyi, Kim, i can't." I smiled.

Jisoo took a deep sigh before answering, "it's been around 9 hours after the sun sets, Kim."

"So that means it's almost dawn."

"Yeah. And the water's still calm, very little to no waves at all."

"That means?" I asked.

"You should start paying more attention in class, Kim." She rolled her eyes. "It means we're still far from shore."

"Right. It also means that there are possibilities that there are sea monsters roaming under there." I smirked, trying to scare her.

"Sea monsters aren't real." She scoffed.

"Alright, alright. You don't believe in sea monsters. I can relate with that. I was just messin' with ya. I also don't think sea monsters are real." I chuckled. "But sharks are. And i really think there's a big possibility that they might be somewhere under your feet."

"Hey!" She complained. "Why would you say that?!"

"I'm just stating out my thoughts." I shrugged.

"umghh.." She uncomfortably looked around her with a panicked face, making me had to hold my laugh. "i'm scared.." She pouted like a kid who's about to cry as she started lifting one of her foot to get on the raft but failed when she fell back into the water.

I laughed hard seeing her panicked, pouting face. "Taehyungg!!" She whined.

"What? Hahahaha..." I kept on laughing, wiping some tears from my eyes.