🌊 16 🌊

Taehyung's POV

"I lost my family's peace and relationship because i couldn't do anything. I lost Bobby oppa because i stayed quiet. I don't wanna lose anything or anyone else because of the same reason. This time, i- i wanna do everything i can to keep what i have now." Her body shook as she kept on sobbing in my arms. I've known her for years, and this was the first time for me to see her cry.

She's strong yet fragile.

My heart clenched seeing her this way. I hugged her tighter and caressed her back, gently combing her strands of hair. "You're strong, Kim. I mean it. You're the strongest girl i've ever known. You faced troubles and problems at such a young age. And you managed to get through it all and become the strong girl you are now. You never broke down in front of any of us, you were always abled to hold your true feelings in and that's not easy to do." I smiled at her sincerely for the second time in my life, cupping her face and gently wiping her tears that kept on flowing like a river. "I've known you for seven years now and i know how you had always comforted Jennie, Lisa, and Chaeng when they're down. You hugged them and wiped their tears as if you're okay when you're actually not. That's really something, Kim."

"I'm sure your brother would be so proud of you." I continued, hugging her once more, not even thinking about the fact that she's my enemy. I know she needs someone to listen to her stories and be there for her like how her brother did, and i don't mind at all if that someone turns out to be me.

I heard her sob continuously, draining my already dried shirt in her tears, making it wet once again, but i didn't mind. Her hands were wrapped around my waist tightly as mine were wrapped around her shoulder, hugging her just as tight, caressing her back once in a while.

She pulled out of the hug after around ten minutes once she was calmer than before. "Better now?" I asked as she wiped her tears. She nodded like a kid. "You hungry?" I asked again, which she replied with another nod. I pulled out two sandwiches from inside my bag and gave one to her. She took it and ate it slowly as i did the same.

"Here." I passed her a bottle of water when she was done eating. She took it and drank half the water in the bottle.

Then she sighed before turning to look at me, "sorry you had to see that."

"What?" I asked, making sure which part did she meant i saw.

"The part where i cried." She looked away, embarrassed.

I chuckled before nodding, "it's fine, i understand."

"You know, you're the only one who knows about Bobby oppa and the truth about my family other than Jin oppa." She blurted out, staring at the ocean.

"Hm?" I hummed in confusion. "Didn't the girls know about this?"

"No." She honestly said. "No one knows about this, not even the girls."

"Why?" I asked.

"It's not that i don't trust them, it's just... uhh.." she paused before continuing, "as you just saw and probably had noticed.. i still can't get over the fact that oppa had passed away like how you have with your grandparents."

I nodded. It's obviously noticeable.

"And you probably know that i don't like showing my weak side in front of anyone else, especially my girls." She continued quietly. "I was afraid that if i told them, i'd break down in front of them and they'd cry. I hate seeing them cry." I nodded again.

I remembered how she beat the sh*t out of our basketball captain, Cha Eunwoo, for making Lisa cry after cheating on her two years ago. It was six boys against one girl yet in the end, she had no single scratch on her, unlike Eunwoo and his friends who had to be rushed to the hospital. Those kind of things didn't only happen once or twice, but multiple times. From there i can clearly see how much she loves her so-called un-biological sisters and how she really would do everything she can to keep what she has now.