🌊 23 🌊

Taehyung's POV

I opened my eyes to directly see Jisoo's gleaming eyes staring at me, complete with her excited grin.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes and asked with my deep morning voice.

"Did you have a good night sleep?" She asked as her eyes kept on following every move i made to sit up and stretch my body.

"Yeah.. pretty much." I said.

"Did you dream anything?" She excitedly asked.

I smirked before nodding, "i dreamt about you." I winked my eyes.

"F*ck you. Your flirting doesn't work on me. I'm also unlike the girls out there who are head over heels with you." She said, rolling her eyes and groaning. "I'm serious, Kim. Did you dream anything?" She asked again.

I chuckled before shaking my head, "ani." I said, making her pout sadly, "i told you it doesn't work that way, Jisoo."

"Trying doesn't hurt." She shrugged.

Before i could answer, she tossed me a bag of chips. "No more bread. Chips, waffles, and protein bars are all we have left." She explained.

"At least we still have food." I said, ripping open the plastic bag of chips.

"Yeah." She nodded, grabbing some chips from the bag on my hand. "What'll we do if we run out of them?" She then asked, looking at me.

I turned to look at her before answering, "probably we'd either eat raw fish or let ourselves starve until we reach land."

"If we ever do.." She mumbled quietly, almost a whisper. But since the waters are calm, i can hear what she said clearly.

"Let's just believe we will." I smiled as i ate another few chips.

"Are–" Jisoo stopped when my phone rang. I gave the chips to Jisoo before dusting off my hands from the leftover spices.

"Who is it?" Jisoo asked when she saw me took out my phone.

"Hoseok hyung." I answered and saw her nod. Without hesitation, i pressed the green button and put my phone close to my ear.

"Hello, hyung?" I called. "Everything okay?"

"..."

"Hyung? You there?" I called again when i heard no answers from the other line.

"..."

"Hello? Hyung, you okay? Did you make it out of the storm?" I asked, making Jisoo turned her head quick with her eyes wide.

"..."

"Yah! Hyung, answer me!" I called louder.

"Wae?" Jisoo asked, pulling my phone away from my ear and pressing the 'loud speaker' button without permission.

"Hyung!" I called again when we still heard nothing.

"Oppa?!" Jisoo opened her voice.

That's when we started hearing sobs from the other line. Jisoo and i glanced at each other with worry and anxiousness written clearly on our faces.

"Hyung, i-is everything okay?"

"Taehyung-ah... J-jisoo-ya.." He slowly called.

"Are you okay?! Is everyone okay?! What happened?! What storm? When?! Did you face a storm? How come i didn't know?! Is–"

"Yah! Slow down! He can't answer all those questions that fast! I'll answer half of them later. Right now, just keep calm and quiet and let him explain." I tapped her shoulder a few times, asking her to take deep breaths.