🌊 21 🌊

Taehyung's POV

Jisoo kept on shifting in her sleep and mumbling words, showing how uncomfortable she felt. She was shivering, and tears kept on coming out of her eyes, making me had to wipe it over and over again.

"Nghh.." She uncomfortably repositioned herself continuously.

"Edelweiss, edelweiss, every morning you greet me~" I started singing her favourite song, trying to sooth her and surprisingly, she became a lot calmer.

"Small and white, clean and bright, you look happy to meet me~" I kept going.

"Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow, bloom and grow forever~
Edelweiss, edelweiss, bless my homeland forever~" I finished the song with a small smile, looking at the now calm Jisoo.

Letting her sleep, i continued singing the song softly.

This song is also one of my favourite song, to be honest. It has a beautiful melody, and i understand how calm it is.

But seeing how well it worked on Jisoo, i'm starting to think that this song has a separate meaning for her that i don't know.

I stopped singing when she slowly opened her eyes and weakly sat up.

"Better?"

"Hm." She pursed her lips.

"That song really is something, isn't it?" I slowly led her to lean on my shoulder, remembering that she's sick.

No different intentions.

"Yeah." She mumbled as she wrapped her hands around me like a koala.

"Why?"

"I dunno." She shrugged weakly. "But that song kinda saved my life once."

I looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"After the big problem that crushed my family and Bobby oppa's death, i'm sure you wouldn't be surprised if i told you i was also stressed and depressed after that. I told you i continued living because i didn't want to disappoint my brothers, Jin and Bobby. But what i didn't tell you was that i actually had ever intended to end my life." She started explaining, closing her red eyes.

"I think it happened just a few days after oppa's death. That night, around midnight, eight year old me sneaked out of my house and went to wherever my legs wanted to go, not even caring if i'd get lost. All that was in my little mind was the reason i'm not dead yet. A few moments later, i found myself beside the flowing Han River. I found a bridge and stood there. I looked down, and that's when a thought of killing myself passed through my mind. I didn't wanna die, but i didn't wanna live either. So i stood on the railings of the bridge and got ready to fall. But just when i was about to let go of my hold, i heard that song, Edelweiss. I listened to the lyrics and i felt like it was a message for me from who knows who, telling me that this isn't me. It reminded me of who the real Jisoo was, a strong, bright, happy, positive girl. I felt like it asked me to keep on blooming and growing, and be thankful, in fact protect what i have now. Bless my homeland forever. So i went down from the bridge and hummed the song all the way home."

"Wow. A song did all this?"

"Yeah, ever since then, whenever i feel sick or tired and weak, i would listen or sing that song to remind me who i really am."

I nodded, understanding all she said. "Who sang that song the night you tried to jump?" I then asked.

"That, i don't know." She sighed. "That song just suddenly went through my head, you know? Like, i didn't hear it through my ears, it just echoed in my mind."