🌊 19 🌊

No one's POV

Looking up at the night sky, Taehyung observed the moon and predicted the time that it was nearly midnight, wherever they are.

Unlike his blank-expressioned face, his mind was filled with thoughts. He was wondering about what'll happen to him in the future. What'll happen to Jisoo? To Jennie? To his friends? To his parents? To their company? To their school? What if they don't make it? What if they're stuck in the middle of nowhere forever? What if they can never see their friends and family ever again? What about Yeontan? What'll happen?

Let me put it this way, if you are put in the middle of the sea on top of a small, floating, uncomfortable piece of wood, bringing nothing but two bags filled with foods and beverages that can't last forever, surrounded by unknown creatures, have no one to contact, and have no clue on where to go or where you're going, how would you feel?

Hopeless? Tired? Frustrated? Terrified? I'd feel them all.

Well this is exactly what Taehyung feels. But despite it all, he remembers that being a young man means being a leader for him and Jisoo right now, especially at times like this. He needs to act tough. Although he had failed once as he finally had to let Jisoo save him, it doesn't mean he should stop. He kept on thinking positively, smiling, laughing, joking, teasing her, comforting her, and pranking her as if everything will end up well, just so his partner wouldn't feel hopeless. But deep inside, he has his own doubts.

All this time, he wanted to cry. He wanted to shout, wanted to scream and say that everything is not okay. He just couldn't think of any possible reasons or possibility for them to stay alive. He's ready. He's ready if he needs to die soon. He understands that. But what bothers his mind is, is Jisoo ready for that?

Is she ready if he needs to go? What'll happen if he goes and she's left all alone on this wood? Will she survive? Will she lose hope and just give up? Will she blame herself for his death because she couldn't do anything? Is she ready?

And what about him? Is he ready if she's the one who goes first? Will he stay focused on trying to survive? Will he lose hope? Will he forgive himself after failing to protect her—even though she's his enemy? Is he ready?

He doesn't know what else to think. He wants to think positively, but he can't, can he? He felt as if a force was pulling him down, burdening him and stopping him from rising up and let out some hope. He felt as if someone's holding onto his chest tight and not letting go, making it hard for him to breathe. He felt as if the whole world was on his shoulder, it was heavy.

He shut his eyes, trying to calm himself.

That's when the face of a certain girl that has been with him these last few days, a certain girl that has always been abled to annoy him flash through his mind.

He knew that Jisoo was actually the only reason he's still alive until this very moment. He can imagine, if he was stuck alone, he'd probably be dead by now. Either because of the storm, or because he gave up.

He opened his eyes and looked down at the sleeping girl, who once again has her head laying down on his lap after the small teasing they had.

He felt the strong force disappear, he felt as if the strong hand had let go of him, he felt the world was no longer on his shoulder, he felt like a spark of hope has come, wherever it did come from.

He smiled as one of his hand gently caressed her now half-dried hair. Looking at his enemy's beautiful features, he felt somewhat a lot calmer.

"Jisoo-ya." He gently called, his hands continued caressing her hair. "I wanna tell you something." He said. "Everything's not okay. I don't know if we'll survive. I'm not okay. I don't think we're okay. I'm not sure about the others. I don't know if they're all okay. I'm out of hope, Kim. We can die any moment soon. In a storm, sink, getting eaten by a shark, die out of hunger, and i can think of thousands of other reasons for us to die here." He admitted, knowing she couldn't hear him.