🌊 9 🌊

Jisoo's POV

After the fight i had with Taehyung, we stayed quiet, laying down on our backs, side by side, staring at the night sky.

It's cold tonight, the wind isn't quite strong, but our wet clothes and body made me shiver. I glanced at my side and saw Taehyung, who doesn't seem to be bothered with his wet clothes.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked. He turned his head to look at me before answering, "no. Why? Are you?"

"Being the normal person i am, i do feel cold." I said, turning my gaze back up to the sky. "How come you're not cold?"

"Well, believe it or not, i've been used to this since i was small." I looked at him in confusion.

He noticed my look so he started explaining, "my family wasn't rich from the start. We went from zero to now. Before my parents found F-Net and Jennie's parents found CHANNIE, we lived with our grandparents. I don't know where to be exact, but they lived near the beach. My grandfather was a fisherman, he would go out at night and come back at dawn, bringing loads of fish. My cousin, Jongin and i would sometimes come along with our grandfather. We went to the middle of the sea and fish there. The seas weren't always calm, some days we would experience storm, and our boat will break into pieces. When that happens, we would gather those broken pieces and form them into a raft, just like this one. And we would spend our night on that raft, fishing. At worst times, we could probably stay there for days."

"What did you eat?"

"Most of the time, we would let ourselves starve. At first it was hard, but after a few times, we eventually got used to it. But if we really can't hold it, we would eat raw fish."

"Bleh, is it delicious?" I showed him my disgusted face.

He chuckled softly before answering, "it's better than nothing, isn't it?"

"Yea though.." I nodded, again looking back at the sky. "How old were you at that time? We met when we were... what? 10 or... 11 years old? And at that time, your parents along with Jennie's parents have own big companies."

"I didn't stay with my grandparents that long. I started going out with Jongin hyung and harabeoji when i was four."

"Four?! Woah! That was young.."

"I know. We ended when i was seven. That night, there was this big storm, but we've got nothing to eat for the next day, so harabeoji had no choice but to go out and fish. Jongin hyung and i wanted to come, but he told us that it could be dangerous and told us to stay home with our mothers and halmeonni, also Jennie, who was at my age that time. My father, Jennie's father, along with my grandfather of course, went to fish. Morning came and there was still no signs of them, and that made us worry. Our neighbours then offered to go and look for them. But when they were about to leave, my dad and Jennie's dad came back, swimming, bringing nothing but a net filled with fish. They told us that the storm wrecked their boat, and the waves are so big that my grandfather unfortunately got hit by a big one and drowned. After the storm calmed down, my father and uncle stayed there, hoping my grandfather would show up. But he never did. They dove under and saw his lifeless body, stuck between some rocks." He explained, his eyes showing sadness.

I never knew this side of him.

"O-oh.. I-i'm sorry.. i didn't know... J-Jennie never told me anything about it." I said, feeling guilty for reminding him about his grandfather.

"It's fine. We've moved on from him. He once told me that dying in the middle of the sea is probably the way he wanted to die." He chuckled. "Anyway, after his death, our parents thought of ways to earn enough money for us. They went to the city to look for works, while halmeonni, Jennie, Jongin hyung and i stayed at our grandparents house. One year later, when i was eight, they successfully came back as CEOs of big companies and took us all to the big city. Then, they met your parents and started working together as you probably know. They sent us to school, and that's when we met, along with the other BTS and BLACKPINK members."