🌊 17 🌊

No one's POV

The sun just rose, lighting up the sky. The sky was bright and clear, no clouds are seen. The waters are calm, too calm. Yet everything wasn't as peaceful as you think it was.

"That was an eel!" Jisoo argued.

"No, it was a snake!" Taehyung shot back.

If you think they'd get along just well after what happened last night, this proves you wrong.

"Eels are bigger than snakes. And didn't you see how big it was? It's head? It was humongous!" She waved her arms around the air.

"You're overreacting." He rolled his eyes. "That was a snake, eels are much bigger than that."

"But-"

"And eels live in the bottom of the sea, not swimming around on the surface."

"Snakes-"

"And when snakes swim, their body moves a lot quicker than eels. That proves that it was a water snake we saw. I should know, i used to get those when i was fishing." Taehyung stated.

Jisoo just sighed in defeat when she realised he must know more, "fine.." She muttered.

In case you're wondering what happened, it's nothing important, as you may have guessed. They were just sitting silently on the wood after the crying session last night, when they happen to see a creature swimming pass their wood. That's when they started arguing whether it was a snake or an eel.

"You got drinks in your bag?" Taehyung then asked.

"I think so. Why?" She asked back.

"I want one. I'm thirsty." He answered.

"Don't you have your own drinks in your bag?"

"I don't have soda." He shrugged. "I know you have some."

Jisoo rolled her eyes before passing her bag to him. "Get it yourself."

He took her bag and rummaged through it to get the drink he's craving for. But he stopped when he saw something that caught his eyes.

It was a box. Not a big one, but also not a small one. It has pastel colours gradation all over it. It was well decorated and very attractive.

"What's this?" He took it out.

Jisoo turned her head to look at him and saw him holding a box. It was her box that no one was supposed to know, it means a lot to her. But instead of taking it away and hiding it from him, she smiled, "i call it my life box." She told him. He turned his head towards her in confusion. "Inside are every reason i wanna stay alive and what makes me feel like i am." She explained. "Open it."

"May i?" He asked hesitantly, sensing that this box might mean a lot to her and that it was another thing that no one else knows about.

She nodded with a smile. She didn't even know why she let him do it. She just... wants to.

Forgetting about the soda he was supposed to take, he slowly opened the box with curiosity to find it filled with polaroid pictures, letters, and much more.

He looked at her once more and saw her leaning in towards him to also take a look at the box. She diverted her gaze and met his eyes. She then smiled to assure him, telling him that he may unbox it.

He slightly smiled back and took the pictures out one by one.

The first picture was her and the girls, "when's this?" He asked.