First Iteration (Part 2)

Your POV

Still in the dream...

There appeared to be a gathering of families, like a large-scale picnic across the rocky beach. Except Hook's Bay wasn't as dark as I remember it - it was bright, with blue water waves and white polished rocks and sand.

The most surprising though, was what I saw out on the bay. The Jolly Roger. Not parked on the Isle, but sailing towards us, on Auradon water.

When I glanced back at my parents, they didn't seem to think anything was off.

Looking back at the beach, I realized there was more than the ship that was out of place. I could recognize an array of faces - but faces not meant to be together at this time.

Sleeping Beauty, Ursula, Snow White, Mother Gothel, Rapunzel, Jack Sparrow, Mulan, Jafar - the list went on. Everyone's here - all together, and happy?

What does it mean? It can't be true though... the Isle was formed way before anyone my age was born - the villains and heroes have been separate for all of my life, until last summer.

It's just a dream then, obviously. All the talk about our childhoods must have triggered something off in me, and I came up with this ridiculous reality within my head.

But then... why is everything so vivid? How would I fill in all these details, when none of it makes sense?

And abruptly, just before we landed, everything went black. Just like last time.

My eyes snapped open, and I stretched out my arms. At least I slept through most of the night this time.

6 AM. I'd need to be up at 7 anyway. No point trying to go back to sleep now.

I got up and changed into my uniform, and grabbed my carpet. I need to be alone to think about this. It's not like I can even mention it to anyone without them thinking I'm crazy...

Just before leaving I left a note on my nightstand in case Uma and Maya woke up early. I scribbled a quick one-liner - "going out for fresh air, couldn't sleep, will be back in time for school" - and took off from the balcony.

Before I could think it, I knew where I was going. Right to the edge, straight to Hook's Bay.

It didn't take long to get there, the air was still and cool today, thankfully not providing much resistance.

My heart sank when I looked upon the desolate bay. Dark, depressing, cold. Not at all what I saw last night.

I parked far from the water for the fear of getting my uniform wet and sat on a dusty - not polished - rock. I stared out at the harsh waters, shivering as a chill came over me.

If what I saw is true... no, it can't be. It just can't. My mind hurt to think of it, because the moment I accepted that my dream was telling the truth... it wasn't. It's just not possible.

I checked the time. There was one more thing I wanted to do before school started, and I had just enough time for it.

Maya and Uma were still asleep when I got back, making it easier to sneak past them.

I slowly walked to the largest room available in the school and quietly knocked on the door, hoping she was awake.

Come on, Mal. After the second knock, the Queen was at the door, already dressed and ready like me.

"(Y/N)? Come in." I followed her into the room and sat down on the couch beside her.

"Mal, I need to ask you a favour."