Questions & Promises

That's Captain Hook ^ in case you forgot/don't watch OUAT - I love this part, it's quite eventful!

Your POV 

"Father, do we have to leave now?" 3-year-old Harry's voice snapped our gaze back to our younger selves.

"Yes Harry, we do."

"But I don't want to!" He jumped out of his mother's lap.

"I want to stay longer too." Younger me chimed in, looking up at Baba.

"We can't, sweetie." Baba calmly communicated.

"Can I see her again?" Young Harry gestured to young me.

"Of course you can, my love." Maria smiled.

"Do you promise? You always say things like this but they don't happen!" Harry stood his ground.

"Promise I'll see him again too, Baba." 3 year old me pulled on Baba's arm.

The parents looked between each other.

"Promise." Maria finally spoke up.

"What do you promise?" Younger Harry obviously didn't trust this.

"I promise that you'll get to see (y/n) again." She looked down at him with yet another smile, but there was a sadness behind her eyes. What's happening?

"Soon?" Younger me questioned the adults.

"Ah, so many questions! You two are quite relentless, little pirates." Captain Hook eyed the two of them - us - with fake suspicion, playfully pointing his hook at us.

Younger Harry's patience was growing thin, and instead of waiting around for the answer, he decided to switch the focus to the present. "Well if we need to go we have to get our toys."

"(Y/N) is holding your toy." Captain Hook referred to the sword.

"Not that toy, her toys, in the sand! She'll need my help to find them. We left them in the sand." Harry pressed on.

"Yeah, I forgot where they are." 3 year old me innocently added, eyeing Baba for his approval.

"Fine, go together. Take no longer than 5 minutes, okay? Otherwise, we'll leave you here. Alone." Captain Hook decided along with Baba's consent.

Younger me seemed afraid of that thought, younger Harry seemed thrilled by it.

They went off together in the direction they came, and we had to follow in suit.

All around we could tell families were preparing to leave, as if the clock had struck midnight or something.

I squeezed the real Harry's arm. "Harry, I'm getting tired." I could feel a dizziness overcoming me - but I had to fight it. We had to see what would happen.

"Oh my, (y/n), you don't look good at all."

"Is this really the time, Harry?" I managed out a weak laugh.

"Hey, be serious." He put a hand on my cheek. "I was so preoccupied with everything I didn't realize how long you've been casting this. You're heating up."

"Probably because you're so close to me." I smiled, attempting not to reveal my exhaustion behind it. "Don't worry, let's get through this. Something tells me I only need to hold on a while longer."

As the younger us gathered the castle moulds, my eyes fell on a small family sitting a distance away from everyone else.

"Harry, who does that look like to you?" The mother had chopped brown hair - almost brutally cut, and the father with darker, messier hair and an unforgettable look about him. They had two children, a boy and a girl.