Figuring It Out

An almost embarrassingly short chapter, but I've been having a bit of writer's block with this story.  Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy it. 

Your POV

"Why is that? He hasn't even told Ruby, who's first on his list. Let alone telling Uma, meeting his parents..."

"Exactly. Say Uma finds out before her time - she's going to feel hurt. She'll understand, of course, but all of us knowing before her? It's almost cruel." He sucked in a deep breath. "And forget that for now, it's minor. Think bigger - think about everything and everyone. Do you think that whatever we are doing is going unnoticed? Right now, maybe. But as time passes, with all our loose ends, word will come out. Through Coy, through your parents, through Ursula, through Mal who knows you possess the spellbook? Anyone could point us out as suspicious and they'd be right. After that... whoever started all this could do anything - no one knows how far they'll go to hide this... and silence us."

"What is in our power now?"

"Right now I say we attend the tournament, going on with everything as normal. We steer clear of using any magic. And we hope to the stars that Johnny comes out with it to his sister and then Uma." He took a second. "And after that... it's out of our hands. If we find a fix to the bigger problem, then good. But I think I would feel at ease even if it's just Johnny's conflict that resolves. I want him to have his family."

I nodded. "That's all I really want as well. To right the wrongs that were committed in the past."

On that note, we stopped our conversation as Johnny and Uma let us know they were done.

The walk back was overall uneventful, and I was glad for it.

As Auradon came into sight, Johnny stayed back to give me a quick message, telling the other two we'd join them in a second.

"I'm telling Ruby tonight, (y/n) - I'm not keeping this in any longer. It's not going to be easy, it's a lot sooner than I would have liked, but I have to tell Uma. As much as I don't want to burden her with the whole situation, I know that there's nothing she hates more than being oblivious." Whatever happened back at the salon seemed to have given him some confidence.

"That's... a good idea. I know it's hard - I'm feeling it just by hearing you speak of it. But you're right, and Harry agrees. He just told me that he was hoping we didn't need to hide this anymore."

"It's decided, then. I'll find her by tonight, and try to do it. I don't know how much she will remember, but I have a feeling that if not about everything, she will at least know that I am telling the truth about us being twins."

I held his hand for a tight second. "I'll leave you to it, then. I'll be there if you need anything, okay? Just come by my room."

He smiled, pursing his lips. Worried I may say something that will lead him to rethink it, I turned and left him on the pavement outside Auradon Prep.

Johnny's POV

God, it was so easy to say the right things. Why is it not as easy to believe them?

I would tell Ruby before tonight, I had to. But still... I could not imagine actually doing it.

My mind is such a disaster. It's only been a day, but I knew that I was not the only one who felt like time dragged on after visiting the horrid memories. It was in (y/n)'s eyes, and Harry's too. It's like once you know, the present day stretches out just to rub it in. Like you can't get away without being forced to think about all that you don't want to.

I made for the school but quickly spun, heading for the Fortuna woods instead. (Y/N) will come up with something as to why I'm not joining them.