Forgotten Fights

Your POV

We laid down on the - it would be offensive to real beaches if we called it sand - rocks, and caught up on everything. The best part about these friends was the way it didn't matter how much or how little time we spent together, the time we did spend together was always precious.

Johnny, Uma, and I were in conversation about the new renovations Ben was attempting to implement in the Isle.

"Did you hear they're even painting over the schoolhouse, Uma? I'm telling you, if we go back in a few months, we won't recognize the place."

"It's for the better - Ben called me up the other day to run through some plans for the gardens and greenhouses they're building, and was wondering if it was too much too soon. I told him that this whole thing was long overdue, and it's about time we allowed people on the Isle to live like humans."

"I'm glad he's finally putting some of those ideas in motion. I just hope in the process, the Isle doesn't lose its charm."

Johnny nearly choked on his breath. "Charm? The Isle doesn't have charm."

"You're crazy, (y/n) - that place is a dump. There's nothing charming about it." Uma shook her head.

"Come on guys, you know, the vibe of it? The rustic buildings, the odd pawn shops, the dark alleys-"

"You mean like the one you were kidnapped in?" Johnny smirked at me.

"No. Well maybe, sort of. Like obviously the Isle needs better facilities - better schools, hospitals, stores - but I just don't want it to lose its thrill. It shouldn't become dull like Auradon."

"I don't think the thrill or danger of the Isle will vanish anytime soon, even if we did try to rid the place of it. But (y/n) - that stuff might seem cool on a day trip, but actually living there is a different story. We were all sick of it - having to stay on our guard 24/7. The safer we can make it, the better for everyone." Uma's point made sense. I really don't know how it was to live on the Isle, and if I had to worry for my safety - any more than I already do - every time I left the house, I imagine I'd feel the same.

"And for the record, safety doesn't mean the folks back there are going to become lame like the Auradoners. Trust me, they'll all be chillin' like villains till the end of time. The leather jackets, studded boots, and grunge jewelry won't be going anywhere any time soon." Johnny reassured me.

"You have a poin--"

"No, no how could I forget - there's no way I would have forgotten!"

"Harry, what is it?" I turned my attention to Harry and the Motunuans along with Johnny and Uma.

"(Y/N) think about the date - November 7th - does that ring any bells?"

"November 7th," I said it aloud. "I can't really recall - I mean, we have an important test next week in-"

"No, not that."

"Well, just spill it then." His dragging this on was beginning to stress me out - what could be so significant yet forgettable?

He didn't say a word. Instead, Kai gave us context for the situation. "I was just mentioning to him how Maya and I noticed more people about Auradon Prep than usual, and were wondering if he knew why."

"Oh shoot." I got it the moment he said that, and then Harry looked at me with an "exactly". How did we lose ourselves so much that we let it skip our minds?

"Guys, what is it?" Uma, like the others, still didn't have a clue as to what was happening.

"Tonight the Legacy students arrive - signifying the beginning of the annual fencing tournament. The show fencing acts are this evening, and although it's not a real match-"