Once Upon A Time

A visual for the location of a scene to come below - ignore the dragon LOL

Your POV

The rush back to Auradon was immediate, but whether on Carpet or in carriage, the winds felt as though they were against us.

With great effort, Harry and I landed in the courtyard, to be followed shortly by the rest arriving in the purple and gold Coronian vehicle.

An out-of-breath figure shook me, catching me out of my wandering mind as I stared off at the road.

"(Y/N), wake up!" Maya's face displayed an urgency I'd never seen before.

"Sorry, yeah, I'm here." I shook my head forcefully, getting out of the daze.

"The fencing tournament's postponed." She frowned. "Due to unforeseen unrest in some of the "developing" parts of Auradon." She turned back to the castle. "Courtesy of King Ben, though rumour has it he had no part in the decision. It was his father's."

"So this is getting real." I dug my nails into my palm.

"Yes, but I have better news."

Harry stepped closer to her in anticipation. "What is it?"

"Lydia said she'll help, only because Coy is, but I'd call that a victory on my end!"

"Coy's on board!?" I exclaimed in relief before getting startled by his own voice from behind me.

"I am." He stood proudly with Audrey grasping his arm and Lydia beside them.

I unconsciously stepped back from him out of survival reflex, but managed a smile. "Good." As we all gathered around, the final pieces of the puzzle arrived in their carriage, at the moment seeming like the most threatening of the lot.

Ruby, Uma, and Johnny stepped out in a cluster, only Uma displaying an appearance akin to friendliness.

"Well, we're all here," Harry stated, reaching for his phone. "I think it's time to give Harriet the go."

On Harry's call, the masses of the Isle were presently congregating, all ready to march into Auradon - if Johnny really manages to lead a remembrance spell, then their proximity to the core would affect its efficiency.

"Princess, you see that?" Harry placed his hand on my back and directed my vision up, to the top of Auradon Prep.

I squinted, but nothing seemed abnormal yet. Then after a few moments, a quick motion caught my eye - it was a fraction of a particle, the slightest blue sparkle shooting across the rooftop.

Nonetheless, it was enough to scare me.

"Fairy Godmother." I breathed out shakily. "We're on the verge of being too late."

"We must get up there, right now." Uma directed, snapping me out of the fear crawling up my fingers.

"Alright." I nodded. "Johnny, you and I will take the Carpet up right now because it's the quickest. Everyone else, use the stairs and hurry - more than anything, please conserve your magic."

"I'm not coming with you," Johnny grunted with utmost inconvenience.

"Yes, you are, because you're the most important player here, and you don't know how to drive this thing." I took him by the sleeve, and continued hushedly, not wanting everyone else to make a scene out of it. "You agreed to do this, so at least do it right. I will not have this whole thing go to waste because of your silly tantrums."

He said not another word but boarded next to me, sitting as much on the edge away from me as possible.

"(Y/N)." Harry came close as we hovered, just about ready for takeoff. "I don't know any better way to express the sentiment "be careful", so," He took my chin and placed a wavering kiss on my cheek, "there. I'll be up in a sec, princess."